Bought a Miller Trailblazer, Onan engine questions...

Tacoma747

Found it on Craigslist for a seemingly great deal. Paid $100 for it, now I just have to get it running.

Going to do a tune-up on it for one, but it also needs a starter, which will be around $80, so no big deal.

It also needs a stator, AND the magnet that goes in the flywheel. I've searched online and can't seem to find anything, anyone know of a good place to look?

The Onan dealer wanted $275 for a starter, which I can find online for ~$80, so I doubt I'm gonna want to buy the stator from them either.

The engine model number is a B48G-GA020/4359G

Thanks for any info!

you can rewind the stator, you need to find a good starter altenator shop and get them to fix your starter and the stator they could help you with the magnet as well I'm sure. the only problem is these places are fading out b/c of the $40 dollar starters and crap coming form china.

Is this the stator for the generator/welder part of the machine ?

or the stator for the charging system from the engine ?

Cummins bought out Onan fully in 1986 ;)
If you get a part number PM me, ill hook ya Up.

if you got a quote from a Dealer, he bought it from us, my cost is *.45 of his cost and then he adds mark up for profit...

You ask where they stole it from?:rolleyes:

Didn't ask:) He SEEMED legit, was selling the trailer he had it on as well to another guy while I was there. He had all the papers from where he bought the trailer, and the way he talked he was just cleaning out his little garage. It was believeable because he had quite a bit of junk in his garage.

If he stole it he was an idiot (well, I guess most people that steal things are), but he had it sitting in his driveway in plain sight (although covered w/ a tarp). BUT for him to go through the time to diagnosis the problem, and pull all the stuff off it, he would be a pretty smart theif :) He also said he has welded for a long time, and planned to basically use this one as a generator at his house, but his wife was on him about cleaning the garage/driveway.

If it's stolen I know I didn't steal it, but I don't think it is.

I almost bought that one. OK, well I was seriously considering it. We could use a generator. Just for shits and giggles, call Snow Electric on Brookstown Ave. They might be able to help you out on the stuff. Jim knows his motors and winding. It's not some garage starter rebuild shop, they works on motors worth hundereds of thousands of dollars. They might be able to help you out, though.

Back