Breakfast/Day Trip

Cherokeekid88

Wife and I have a week of vacation coming up in a couple of weeks and wanted to do a little day trip and come back that afternoon. We usually like to go to Shatley Springs (closed till April) or Daniel Boone Inn but wanted to see if there were any other places in the mountains that we could go for breakfast that's pretty cool and possibly be in an area we can spend the day, possibly hit up some breweries and grab some lunch.

Looking for something around an hour or so away from the Greensboro/High Point area...

Probably outside of your time range, but there is a breakfast place off of Long Shoals Rd in Asheville at the Biltmore Park Town Square called Another Broken Egg. It's like any other Asheville place in that it's a little different as far as the people that work there, a little pricy , but damn it's good eating. Plus there are several breweries in the area. I think they even have some Brews Cruise thing where they will take you to a few of em.

Probably outside of your time range, but there is a breakfast place off of Long Shoals Rd in Asheville at the Biltmore Park Town Square called Another Broken Egg. It's like any other Asheville place in that it's a little different as far as the people that work there, a little pricy , but damn it's good eating. Plus there are several breweries in the area. I think they even have some Brews Cruise thing where they will take you to a few of em.
Thought about Asheville. We went to Biscuit Head a few years ago and loved it, but since we wont be able to hit the road till 8:30 or so, by the time we get to Asheville, most places will be done serving breakfast...

I'm not sure about a good breakfast place, but we hit up a bunch of vineyards in Yadkinville and really enjoyed it. Looks like there's a couple breweries in the area too.

Thought about Asheville. We went to Biscuit Head a few years ago and loved it, but since we wont be able to hit the road till 8:30 or so, by the time we get to Asheville, most places will be done serving breakfast...
Website doesn't say, but they are open till 1400, and only has the one menu

Mabry Mill on the BRP ..... hang a right out of the parkinglot after eating and head for Roanke Va.
Lotsa scenic views ..... I'm sure there's beer somewhere.

Wait......
There's a place called "Shatley Springs"....?

YUP!

One of the best breakfast plates you will ever eat.
Any other meal ..... the best fried chicken you will ever eat.

DB Inn was really good when we went about a year ago. But I also heard some stuff since then about the place.
If you haven't been to Shatley Springs, it's worth the trip already once. Probly could combine it with other things to do in the area.

If you haven't been to Shatley Springs, it's worth the trip already once. Probly could combine it with other things to do in the area.

Ashe Co. Cheese Factory
Wife destroys the bank account in that place.

Ashe Co. Cheese Factory
Wife destroys the bank account in that place.

I love there fresh cheese curds. I have been told the Dr. Pepper bottling company next to them is also open for tours from time to time. They do the glass bottles of Dr. Pepper made with real sugar not the cane sugar.

Back