BudBuilt in the local News

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
a little claim to fame.

http://www.morganton.com/servlet/Sa...c=MGArticle&cid=1149189870536&path=!frontpage

IN case it asks for a log in I copied and pasted the article

Series Helped Budbuilt

By Adam Shull
ashull@morganton.com
Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Adam Shull | The News Herald George Rosenberger IV, 14, helps his father's business, Budbuilt, make accessories and parts for Toyota trucks. Rosenberger IV is one of six children in the family that work for their Dad.

Morganton - Even established entrepreneurs benefit from Western Piedmont's Entrepreneur Series.
Just ask Bud Rosenberger.

The owner of Budbuilt Inc., he completed the course in September 2005.

His small business makes Toyota truck accessories and parts.

Rosenberger isn't an accountant but he learned to think like one.

"Working on cash flow projections was most helpful to me," Rosenberger says.

He says the course presented situations that required quick thinking and problem solving.

"That sounds a lot like business," Rosenberger says.

Based on his success in the past year, Rosenberger is putting all of his knowledge to good use.

Budbuilt opened in 1999. Rosenberger says in the past two years, the business is doing three times its original volume.

Most of his customers are out West where demand is high for Toyota truck parts that allow for off-road driving.

These "rockcrawlers" make orders using his Web site (www.budbuilt.com).

Rosenberger serves his customers out of his basement.

He works alongside his wife and about half of his nine children (a true family business).

Business is good, and the budding entrepreneur has positive visions for the future.

Rosenberger plans to move into a bigger building and be able to do installation work on-site.

There is no way to measure how much of his success is due to the course.

But Rosenburger has some advice.

"Take the time," he says. "It's definitely worth doing."

Oh, and BTW I don't have a toyota, but I have been to his place and he puts out some kewl stuff for you Yota guys. Really Beefy skids and such. I myself am proud to say my winchplate is "BudBuilt"!!

I didn't know he had that many kids.. WOW dude...

But he makes great parts, and really likes to tackle new things, like my 700R4 to Toy t-case clocking ring....

yeah that is pretty awesome to get some media like that. It normally helps with sells too
lol, on a side note. I guess it is pretty cool to have 6 free workers (kids) just kidding.

Tacoma747 said:
Funny thing is, even his kids are 'Budbuilt'
Maybe he will be the big Toyota company on the East coast, cause I can't think of any others around here.

Yeah, he's a Yankie. Long cold winters up there!

Rich said:
I didn't know he had that many kids.. WOW dude...

But he makes great parts, and really likes to tackle new things, like my 700R4 to Toy t-case clocking ring....

He's got 9 kids

UNBREAKABLE said:
He's got 9 kids

That's tackling new things all right

For all you Do!!!

:beer: This Bud's for you Bud...Hat's Off to ya Brother!!

9 kids & runnin' a business...I got 1 crumb snatcher and can't get my heep put together...

You Go Man!!!

:gitrdun:

John

Back