Bulletproofed 6.0 coolant leak

Hunter44

So I've got a 2006 f250 6.0 225k with 20k on a bulletproof and egr delete job. I have a coolant leak coming from what seems to be the front of the motor. It doesn't leak when running only when it sits overnight or for a long period of time. I come out to see a puddle of coolant under the truck, it falls on the axle directly in the center under the water pump. It also leaves a smaller puddle where the AC drips. I replaced the waterpump and it still leaks. Any ideas?

So I've got a 2006 f250 6.0 225k with 20k on a bulletproof and egr delete job. I have a coolant leak coming from what seems to be the front of the motor. It doesn't leak when running only when it sits overnight or for a long period of time. I come out to see a puddle of coolant under the truck, it falls on the axle directly in the center under the water pump. It also leaves a smaller puddle where the AC drips. I replaced the waterpump and it still leaks. Any ideas?
Check the heater shut off valve if you have one. On my old 03 it would leak onto the valve cover, run off near the ac drain and also run down along the intake. If it's bad get one from Ford. I put one from NAPA on it three years in a row for the leak before I gave up on free replacement and paid a few $ more from the dealer.

Also if any factory spring clamps have been replaced by the worm gear style clamps double check them with a screwdriver or nut driver. This time of year those things will start seeping after shutdown when stuff gets cool. We get coolant leaks at the shop when the temperature changes all the time and most are fixed by giving the clamp a turn or so.

If the pumps been changed the only things left up there besides hoses are the front cover gaskets themselves and the fat doughnut gasket between the intake and front cover. You may need to put pressure on it cold and watch those areas with a bore scope or mirror and watch again after the pressure is released.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Check the STC fiitngs...

Still haven't gotten coolant dye yet? Smh...

Back