Buy/sell pallets

47willys

Is there anywhere around Raleigh that buys pallets? My work doesnt use many but we accumulate them after a couple of months and we don't want to pay to have them taken away, but we also can't throw them away. Anybody near by that buys them? What kind of condition do they have to be in? How much do they pay?

Google independent pallet makers or look for a pallet gypsy. The guys with pick up trucks with a stack of pallets 30 high on it.

Pallet makers will give you a couple of bucks each for them. But pallet gypsy will just haul them off for free.

Also search for discount box and packaging companies. They will often buy them off you as well. I sell used pallets from our warehouse to a couple of sources around Greensboro, so I'm sure there's some in Raleigh.

Ha, pallet gypsy. You're looking at $2-3 per good standard size pallet, unless you have a trailer full... it is not worth the time IMO.

I pick them up around greensboro by the truck/trailer load... make for a great bonfire... never paid for a pallet before either lol.
asphotos_b_atl.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_prn1_310494_10150470571618356_517028650_n.jpg

asphotos_b_atl.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_frc3_312247_10150492143788356_755001750_n.jpg

asphotos_b_atl.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash4_297937_2265223783578_189699354_n.jpg

Hahaha. if itll burn, it goes in the pit! If we had a fire/party like that at a campground we would never be welcome back haha. That is actually at 71chevytruckguys house sometime last year. Big open field isnt good for much else! :beer:

a lot of people making stuff out of them, list em on CL I'm sure someone will take them...

Not that I have found and the guys that come pick them up take them to Greensboro. They only take standard 40ish by 48ish (don't remember exact sizes. They only get like $3 per pallet. so I normally take a dumpster full home and burn them.

Pallet One in Siler City leaves a 53' flatbed at my work and picks it up when full. I work in moncure. Not sure if they pay, we pay, or free but it's worth giving them a call. (919) 837-2105.

Back