BUYER BEWARE!! Blackpaw Innovations is a FRAUD!!

Hinson

For anyone considering this product, please reconsider. Mike Phillips, the owner of Blackpaw Innovations, stole my money. This is business is a complete scam!! I ordered and paid for one of these units on March 12th. Mike told me it would ship in 10 business days. I never got my tracking information, so I tried calling Mike, and calling Mike, and calling Mike. Finally, he responded to a message I left on his website and told me that it had been shipped, but he was out of town on vacation and would have to send me the tracking number when he got back. He never did and my tire carrier never showed up. I then started a second wave of emails, phone calls, text messages, website comments, etc. to try and find out what the deal was. Finally, Mike responded and told me that it had shipped. AGAIN!! Guess what, still no tracking number! At that point he pretty much cut off any communication we had. Weeks went by and I've tried numerous times to get my money refunded in which Mike lied to me many more times telling me he would send my money back. He has gone so far as to tell me my paypal refund was "in progress". I'm pretty familiar with paypal and the process pretty much consists of entering the amount you want to send somebody and hitting the button. Since the latest lies, Mike will not respond AT ALL. If you know anyone considering one of these units, please direct them to this post. Anyone who needs further evidence, I've got saved copies of everything sent back and forth and would be more than happy to share it. Thank you for reading this and please link it to any and all offroad forums you may be affiliated with.

Thanks!

Scott Hinson

YouTube - 4x4 Spare Tire Carrier Hitch Mount Carriers Racks Off Road Recovery

Do you have any proof of said scam? There are always two sides to every story...

I've got saved copies of everything sent back and forth and would be more than happy to share it.

Says he has proof, kinda hard to doubt a man when he will show proof.

EMAIL: (These are my personal emails to Mike)

order status‏
Sent: Tue 4/06/10 6:18 PM
To: amyphil2@hotmail.com

Good afternoon. I ordered a rear tire carrier from you on March 12th. Could you please update me on the status of my order? If it's shipped could you please send me the tracking number so I watch it on it's journey. :)

Thanks!

order status‏
Sent: Wed 4/07/10 3:51 PM
To: blackpawinnovations@yahoo.com; amyphil2@hotmail.com

Good afternoon.

My name is Scott Hinson. I placed my order on March 12th. I paid you immediatly on March 12th. I have been unable to contact you to receive the tracking number. Please call me at 704-###-#### or respond to my email. If I haven't heard from you by the end of the business day today, I'll be forced to file a dispute with paypal to get my money back.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Scott Hinson

> On Apr 7, 2010, at 12:45 PM, scott_hinson@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> A visitor to blackpawinnovations.com has sent a message through your form.
>
> Customer contact: Main customer contact form
>
> First Name : Scott
> Last Name : Hinson
> Email : scott_hinson@hotmail.com
> Mobile Phone : 704-###-####
> Comments : Ordered March 12th. Paid March 12th. Have it been shipped? I just need to know one way or another. If so, what is the tracking number. Call me or send me an email PLEASE.
> Company : N/A

> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:56:27 -0700
> From: blackpawinnovations@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: Customer contact message for blackpawinnovations.com
> To: scott_hinson@hotmail.com
>
> On way very busy sorry enjoy
> Mike
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

Mike,

I'm sorry, but that little bit of information is unacceptable. All I need is a tracking number showing that you shipped the product when you said you did and I'll be a happy camper. Otherwise, I will be forced to join in with Steve in his pursuit of a civil lawsuit against you. I know for a fact the Portland Police Department has been contacted already and are involved and willing to help us in any way necessary to get an immediate resolution. Please call Steve right away at 704-###-####.

Enjoy.

Scott

Last chance Mike.‏
Sent: Mon 4/12/10 5:56 PM
To: amyphil2@hotmail.com; blackpawinnovations@yahoo.com

Mike...

There is not much left to say here. You have stolen from me and my family. I've been more than relaxed during this episode. Now, however, things have crossed the line. I'm not going to threaten you with bodily harm or tell you that I'm going to drive to Portland to seek you out. I'm a better person than that. I will, on the other hand, tell you that I will prosecute you to the FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. That will include the refund of my money, punitive damages and all court costs. Also, I will tell you that at every given opportunity I will tell everyone I possibly can how Mike Phillips with Blackpaw Innovations handled my transaction. No personal opinions of what I believe your character to be or how I feel about people that try to steal from me, just the facts. The facts that you have lied over and over again about the production and shipping of a product that I paid you for on March 12th. The facts that you, so cowardly, will not respond to ANY type of communication despite numerous attempts by Steve and myself. Every message board, every email contact, every youtube subscriber, every myspace contact, every facebook contact, every individual I meet at get togethers or trail rides, every friend, family member and aquantance.... They will all know how Mike Phillips from Portland, Oregon tried to steal from me. This is your last opportunity.

Scott

WEBSITE MESSAGE: (My buddy Steve ordered one at the same time. This is his website comment.)

On Apr 8, 2010, at 3:34 AM, steve.efird@windstream.com wrote: A visitor to www.blackpawinnovations.com has sent a message through your form. Customer contact: Main customer contact form First Name : SteveLast Name : EfirdEmail : steve.efird@windstream.comMobile Phone : 704-###-####Comments : You need to supply tracking number. You told me on the 30th of March that our stuff has been shipped. You told us last night in your email you are backed up which means you were not truthful in the beginning. Mike just so you know, I will stop at no end until this is resolved. I have time, money whatever it takes. You think im joking with you? I have filed disputes with Pay Pal, Called your local Law enforcement (Im sure they got in tocuh with you .. thats what prompted you to reply within 15 min of when I got off the phone with them yesterday) and if I dont get the response from you I have requested time after time from you (Which is a valid Tracking number or immidiate delivery of our order which you said you would include the gas cans) I will take this matter even further with a civil suit against you. I think I have enough evidence to prove you in the wrong here. Enough said here.. Lets fix this the right way.. Ship my stuff, send me atracking number and once its delivered and in condition as you have represented we will back off. Unitl then...Company : N/A

EMAIL:

----- Original Message -----From: blackpawinnovations@yahoo.com <blackpawinnovations@yahoo.com>To: Efird, SteveSent: Thu Apr 08 15:29:34 2010Subject: Re: Customer contact message for www.blackpawinnovations.com I will be giving you a full refund by next week major problems in the shop and at home Mike Sent from my iPhone

Re: Customer contact message for www.blackpawinnovations.com‏
Sent: Sun 4/11/10 8:12 PM
To: blackpawinnovations@yahoo.com; scott_hinson@hotmail.com

Mike, Where is our money? PP refund expected immediately. Why does it take you so long to respond to us with such a simple answer to a simple question? If I don't get a response from you I am calling my lawyer and as I mentioned I will spare no expense on you..you can do this the easy way or the hard way.. Your response is expected immediately

TEXT MESSAGES: (These are my texts back and forth with Mike in which he actually responded)

Monday, April 12th, 6:12 pm.
Re: My Money
Mike...
Please check you email and be courteous enough to send me an immediate response.
Thanks
Scott Hinson

Monday, April 12th, 7:27pm
Mike...
Did you get my email or text or website message or youtube message? I need to know something here Mike.

Monday, April 12th, 7:32pm
Scott we are doing all we can to make good here at the shop please bare with us are fab shop is down sa Im super swomped your cash will be sent to you asap we Are not and have never cheated our customers
Mike

Monday, April 12th, 7:37pm
Mike...
As much as I would like to believe that, I can't. Why can't you refund my money tonight? All I need is true communication so I know which avenue to pursue. I want to trust you. I want your business to prosper. I, however, have not had open communication with you since day one. Send me my money and I will not tell a person about this whole thing. One the other hand, I have contacted my attorney and he is ready to go. All I want is what is lawfully mine.
Scott

Monday, April 12th, 7:41pm
My other orders are 90 days out you will have a full refund by fri
Mike

Monday, April 12th, 7:43pm
I believe you. I will, however, use that as a deadline. If I don't have my money by Friday at 5pm EST, the next call you will get will be from my attorney. Deal?

Monday, April 12th, 7:45pm
yes

Monday, April 12th, 7:45pm
Thank you for response.
Scott

Thursday, April 15th, 10:50AM
Re: My refund
Mike...
Just making sure everything is still on schedule for tomorrow.

Friday, April 16th, 5:21pm
Re: My refund
Mike...
It's past 5:00 EST. What the deal?
Scott

Friday, April 16th, 5:36pm
Mike...
Have you gotten my texts? I need to know if you're going to hold up your end of the bargain or if I need to satart the process. Let me know either way.
Scott

Friday, April 16th, 6:19pm
Paypal refund in progress
Mike

Friday, April 16th, 6:20pm
Mike...
What does that mean? Have you sent my money back?
Scott

Friday, April 16th, 6:21pm
Mike...
It hasn't showed up on my paypal account.
Scott

Friday, April 16th, 6:24pm
Accounting dept is on it I will check in with them

Friday, April 16th, 8:00pm
Mike...
What's the deal with my refund? Did the accounting department send it? If so, I've got an issue with paypal and not with you. Please let me know.
Scott

Saturday, April 17th, 12:12pm
Mike...
What's the deal with my refund? For some strange reason, it didn't show up in my paypal account last night. Oddly similar results to all the other times you told me you had sent it. Did you send it? I sure remember the "accounting department" not having any problems receiving my money. Could it be that you have no intentions of returning my money? Be a man here Mike. At least have the balls to let me know if you're screwing me. Or is that against the "accounting department" standard procedures and protocall? I can't believe such a crook has been able to build a business this long without reaping the wrath of customers done wrong. I've given you multiple opportunities to do the right thing and you chose not to. To say I would be shocked if you were actually man enough to respond to this is an understatement. It's people like you that destroy people's faith in humanity and morals. Clearly you are lacking in both.
Scott

Hello.

I have a few questions about this matter...

Is this person a user on here? If so what is his user id?
That name isn't a vendor here nor are any user ids close to that.
Or any users with that name in their profile.

Was this a For Sale section purchase? or just something you bought from this person/business?

The only post I found with the word Blackpaw was this post.

I googled the name and their web site says Portland OR ?
http://blackpawinnovations.com/about_us

You've asked for help. What, exactly would you like to be done?

-mike

Mike, I'm not really sure. Could you make this a sticky just so everyone sees it and it doesn't go to the bottom just until I get this resolved? This person is not a member on here, I found his product online. All I want to do is spread the word as much as possible so no other fellow 4x4ers get taken like I did.

Thanks.

Scott

therein lies the problem. judging from his lack of grammar skills and common sense, i'd say that there really isn't a desk labeled accounting, not to mention a whole department... this would hinder the whole process!!! i hope it all works out somehow. in the past i have heard that paypal does do a refund or buyer protection type thing- you might want to research it. you have a limited amount of time to do it though.

I'm pretty sure there is, in fact, no "accounting department". When we called to place our order, Mike had no problem accessing paypal to accept our funds. Hands down, this guys is the biggest liar I have ever come in contact with.

I'm not sure if anyone will post this for you on PBB or any other threads. But these types of threads always brings out the for and against crowds. I would suggest that you post the information where you like rather than simply link it back to here.

IMHO You need to take your fight to him. I doubt he will bring it to you. Go find where he normally posts or a local site for that area and post there. You may learn more about him that way. Since you've threatened to file charges and talk to your lawyer. You may want to consider taking the next steps.

Thanks Yager. I signed up on Pirate this morning just reposted everything there. I'm not sure how to find out where he posts or if he does. We have included the lawyers at this point. I would, however, like to wait and see if paypal can get me my money back first before I tie up all that money.

FWIW.. Mike Screwed Me too. As Scott mentioned above this guy is a crook. Here my latest email to him this am which he still has not responded to us.

Mike,

Its Sunday 12:45 pm and still no refund from you. I also find it interesting that you can respond somewhat to Scott but not to me. I have had it with your empty promises. You have lied to me and Scott. We know who you are and where you are at so hiding behind emails and full voice mail boxes are not going to cut it. Your lack of honesty is one of the worst cases I have seen. All you have to do is simple..go to your computer (which you had no problem doing this when we called you to order) pull up Paypal click refund money to myself and Scott and this will be over. Dont give us this "Accounting is working on it" stuff just do the right thing. As I mentioned before I WILL SPARE NO EXPENSE ON YOU Mike. My attorney will be contacted in the morning to give him a full account of the situation. Remember Mike, I have every email, text.. anything pertaining to this on file. I have all the proof I need to take this to court which will cost you way more than you can imagine.. Your immediate response is expected if you have one ounce of honesty left in you.
You my friend are a piece of work!

Steve

Congrats!

Back