buying a car in SC and registering in NC

Just get it inspected in nc and titled/registered. (You will have to get it inspected before you can register it). SC title does not have to be notarized.

Just bought one from SC. If it has a current SC inspection on it when you buy it, then it is good until you have to renew tags next year. I didn't have to get it inspected to get tags, and don't have to until next year when I go to renew my tags.

correct. I would get a bill of sale just as extra insurance.

When I bought a SC truck a couple years back, I had to sign a form in the DMV (that I had to pay the DMV lady a couple bucks to have "Notorized") that was some kind of "hold harmless" agreement that I was buying the vehicle as is. I thought it was a bit silly since I was buying a well used beater truck.. Of course I'm buying it as is!

When I bought a SC truck a couple years back, I had to sign a form in the DMV (that I had to pay the DMV lady a couple bucks to have "Notorized") that was some kind of "hold harmless" agreement that I was buying the vehicle as is. I thought it was a bit silly since I was buying a well used beater truck.. Of course I'm buying it as is!
The NC DMV or the SC DMV? Sounds like you got scamed by the DMV lady.

Yeah if so the SC DMV lady scammed you, NC notarization for during normal hours is 5 bucks, after hours notarys can charge whatever they want if your really need it done I think.

The "hold harmless" is if there is a descrepancy in the title, like mileage, be it incorrect, or excessive mileage. Still shouldn't have had to pay anything for it, it is just another form to fill out.

It was the NC DMV. It was a beater truck. I really didn't care too much about the extra couple bucks (perhaps it was $5) since I really got a smoken deal on the truck. I drove it for almost a year and got out of it more than I spent on it.

Back