Camper Transformation (hopefully)

91oneton

Because I am tight and I got a steal in a camper I wanna try and build my own toy hauler for a rzr. I first wanted to make sure the unit was self contained so i purchased a small generator to run the camper when we rode and places that dosen't have power. I also acquired a 28 gallon fuel tank so we could fill the RZR and generator. Hopefully if time allows after the new year I wanna cut and extend the front 6' so i can park the RZR on the front. I'm currently putting the RZR in the bed which is a PITA.
camper rack 2.jpg
camper rack.jpg

Nice setup, I need a fuel tank like that!

I thought you did this like two years ago?
I just hope all that extra weight back there doesn't make the camper sway to bad. I had a pop up that had a little extra weight on a carry all like that an it was almost scary to pull.

Plus I'd hate to be the guy to rearend you and end up with 28 gallons of raw burning fuel in my face.

Plus I'd hate to be the guy to rearend you and end up with 28 gallons of raw burning fuel in my face.

It's not for fuel...it's full of Jagermeister.

Its a DOT approved tank but anything is possible I don't think i have to worry about tongue weight after I lengthen the tongue.

I'm guessing it's a bumper pull? What is the frame made out of, like 3.5" C channel? I've not seen one done that way but sounds like a legit idea and there would be plenty of tongue weight as long as the rzr was loaded. Would you even need a whole 6'?

The RZR is 63" wide so i wouldn't need 6ft but i thought i would make it a even number. The frame is 5" fabricated i-beam my plan is to sleeve 2x4 tubing about 10" back on each side and weld to the i-beam

Back