Can anyone in Raleigh weld my spiders?

6BangBronk

I am working on a Front Dana 60. Took all the poop to a gear dude and went back yesterday. I mistakenly got a spool for 4.10 up and a set of thick gears. That won't work! So we figured just weld spiders in old case instead of buying new gears or another spool. So he's waiting on me.
I took the case apart and washed everything down in Kerosene so it's ready. Any body interested? I kinda in a hurry since dude's waiting on me.
I have a good welder in my neighborhood that I might check if no one answers. He stays very busy though so it might be a week or so before he can get to it?
Just thought I'd ask.

I appreciate the offer guys, but my neighbor dude insisted on doing it for me even though he is slammed with work. He welded up my frame on my Bronco at the steering box with channel and he put a gooseneck in my truck. Both of those will be here with the cockroaches. Ya'll know Ken Clayton? Clayton Fabricators? Very cool dude. And he's good!
He described how he will pre-heat the Dana 60 unit and Tig weld it all up then wrap in insulation and allow to evenly cool. Said the Hardened spiders tend to heat and cool faster or something to that effect than the weld and cause the weld to crack if not evenly heated and cooled together.
He's welded up spiders for many a Mud Slingers and is highly recommended on doing the task. He said the weld will eventually crack, but not give away. Said he's seen where the pinion stripped the ring gear teeth and his spiders held.
I'm probably looking at a $60 weld job, but I feel it will be close to the best of weld job I could buy.
But I got you guys marked down as local welders though! PM me with a little info on what all you do. Give me a phone number and name and a brief shop description with address if you don't mind. I got many projects and always needing something! I got another gooseneck project coming up very soon.

Thanks again!

Back