Can't believe I sold my "Towrig"

Rockeater

Can't believe I sold my ..@#$%"Towrig" Finally!

So this guy comes by the house and actaully buys my POS truck. Says he's gonna use it for a "towrig". HAHA ! That thing can't get out of it's own way.
I tried to talk himout of it, but he had his Dad there, so I just kept quiet Anyways check this:

Specs:
1992 F250 4x4
Regular Cab LB
7.3L IDI (normally aspirated @ 576K pulls terrible compared to identical '92 I drove Sat.)
5speed ZF tranny (all syncros are very rough and clutch engages 1' from floor)... TC shifted as expected...not too easy/not too hard/not at all)
"Custom" (pimp truck) interior with diamond tucked vinyl everything (super hot and sticky in summer) is in poor shape and has a Sony CD-R/RW player (18W) that sucks!... AC frosted the windows in 100 minutes (was pretty cold outside too!) Tenkosha brake box under dash needs wired up (pigtail wiring seemed to be dangling under the bed?)
Only 12 badly rusted places (still can't figure out how/why those happened)... @ 2o'clock in the drivers front fender (2' overall... might replace the fender?) and directly forward on the bottom of the front bumper (the rest looks rusted thru????) The rest of the body is very bad (I fully expected to find major rust thru to match the fender/bumper, but nothing... ) Bed has replaced with a bit later year (hearse model)... seller figures the OEM was either trashed or it once carried a whole hearse body. Might need tires before long, but have decent tread to last several days (will probably run them down to the rims).
Front looks to be the crapola TTB44 (but looks to have the HD30 outers) and a 7.25 SF out back... not sure what gears yet, but will guess 2.73ish. Gooseneck hitch (ball pulls out and spins 360*), and no receiver hitch for a trailer.
His Dad said "For the outragous sum of $3200, I think it's a sorry deal... "throw away $$" Will post some pics tomorrow evening after he picks it up. Should be an interesting calamity!.......

:flipoff2:
JB :p

Ohhh, that's cold! :lol:

...swung by and got a pic for ya!! Yeah the guy told Dave it was a 92 Ford... 1892???? :flipoff2:

Attachments

• cdave tow rig.jpg
    cdave tow rig.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 526
I think JB's just mad that he's the only one in the single-digit MPG club... :flipoff2:

Where was this hiding when I was there?? BTW, I like your car hauler. I'm gonna keep my eyes open for one.

Back