Carolina Auto Masters Website

StudNuts

When I got my buggy dyno tuned the guy must have snapped some photos, A friend stopped over and asked if I was at CAM recently cause my buggy pic was on the front page, I dug around and found it,
view_photo.php

If you go back to photo 48 the large 4x4 van, I beleieve that is the one I put the ZZ383 in last spring.

http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/albums/album01/114_1408.sized.jpg

Was only a certain amount of tuning we could do to it with factory induction and an aftermarket programed PCM (had to order from Canada) when all you have is GM programming available to you.

Sure would like to see how that thing really ran once it was tuned proper.

Might see if I can hunt it down in Kitty Hawk some time, see how it turned out.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615&highlight=ZZ383

91yota said:
from what ive been hearing about CAM lately, i doubt it ever got a "proper" tune

Yea, he wasnt the best. I called and asked him if he was familiar with propane setups and he said yes, but when I got there he was easily puzzled and I ended up tuning it, setting the propane air/fuel, setting the timing, etc. I took it there to basically get a dyno run to see the numbers of my engine. I just thought it was funny the buggy was on their website. Its actually on their frontpage as well if you keep hitting the refresh.

I went down there a couple years back when my buddy opened it up. He has since then bowed out and dissolved the partnership. I'll just say the current owner isn't very helpfull. I ran my pro street camaro on their dyno with the e-brake still on. It turned the dyno past 200mph with the back wheels on fire due to the brakes being on. The geniuses said i was spinning tires on the dyno and thats where the smoke was coming from. So I though, " man I am making good HP" so I laid into it and needless to say broke a lot of shit. I will never go there again.
On another note, the guy that was the original owner still does great work and specialzes in computer operated upgrades, lt1, ls1 and others. if you need any contact info about his new shop Im sure i can dig it up. It's his work that made that place so popular.

yep, i'd say they've gone downhill recently. next time i have the need to dyno anything it'll be going to fastlane.

Back