Caster Troy

OJ killed him because he sold his Bronco.

Last I heard it was up for sale, but thats been about a month ago or so.

I spoke to Troy a few days ago, and the Bronco did sell. His new toy is this:

awww.supermotors.org_getfile_224892_fullsize_k1200s1.jpg

He's been real busy so he hasn't had much time to jump on to chat.

So he is not a member of the 4wd community anymore? :flipoff2: Maybe he needs to get a cheap jeep project going.

NCJeeper said:
I spoke to Troy a few days ago, and the Bronco did sell. His new toy is this:

awww.supermotors.org_getfile_224892_fullsize_k1200s1.jpg

He's been real busy so he hasn't had much time to jump on to chat.
I don't get it. He sells the bronco because he needed $$$, so he turns around and puts it into another money pit?
It is a nice bike, though.

johnski said:
I don't get it. He sells the bronco because he needed $$$, so he turns around and puts it into another money pit?

That's nowhere near the money pit a 4x4 can turn into...well I guess it could. My CR250 had $13k spent on it by the previous owner ,after the purchase price. :eek: That is a badass bike though, I could live without the Bronco for that.

johnski said:

He traded a street bike to get the Bronco to begin with, so he ended up going full circle. Weird huh?

BIGWOODY said:
My CR250 had $13k spent on it by the previous owner ,after the purchase price. :eek:

That must have been one hell of a bike!

That actually is one badass bike. The refinement of a BMW with the raw power of a busa. Don't hold me to it but I think that bike is every bit of 15000 brand new.

johnski said:

Don't be believe anything you here and only half of what you see. Right?

Maybe he bought a winning Va. Lotto Ticket :confused:

<><Fish

He said he needed money... Never said what for!!

Jesus, who cares anyway? It's his own business, sounds like some people are a bit green...

Troy - good for you! That's a sweet scooter!

Wolfpack OffRoad said:
031022_Moped_ss-x.jpg

Somebody ask CasterTroy if he wants to drag???

Dig the hand warmers! That's like racing a Ferrari against a Yugo!

:lol: well I did need the money.

Wife said I couldn't have another bike till the credit cards were paid. So I sold the Bronco, and paid off the credit cards :D

I jumped into the off-roading scene with both feet before I really knew alot. I traded my downed blackbird for a bronco, because noone entertained the idea on the jeep boards. The blackbird suffered from some road rash due to me having an Overly Horizontal Faulty Understated Corner Knowledge episode with some gravel.

Shook me up.

Couldn't ride the bird anymore. Hell I dunno why. I could ride my buddies bikes, dealers bikes, anyones but that bird......so I decided to get out of the bike Biz and maybe head to off-road.

I learned alot...a hellova alot. Especially here, and on the trail. And especially from Bruce.

I didn't pick the best off-roader (well after all it was the only bite I had on the bird) but I thought I could make it work. At least I tried damn hard too.

I made it really too nice to trash.....and really, the kinda wheelin thats fun requires quite a bit of trashin.

We went to Disney world in June, and before I left I put it in the trader. We weren't 1/2 way there before some dude in Nashville called wanting to come bye and see it.

I told him we were in columbia SC on the way to Dinny worl and wouldn't be back for 7 days....he said to call the day before I came back. That was a friday

By Tuesday he'd called 3 more times for more info. I called him Tuesday night and gave him the scope, and thought he was out....because I said no AC. He was crushed....he needed AC apparently. Well he called back Wednesday before we headed to the park for the day and said he'd called a junkyard and AC would cost him about $700 (jerry rigged) and was back in....to call before I left

Well Thursday looked like crap (BAD storms) and we weren't going to leave until friday, but we made the decision thursday morning to come home. Ironically he called on the way home and I told him I'd be home bye 8pm. He nearly pissed his pants and said he'd be there to meet us.....I told him to just meet me the next day. I was TIRED! Hell, I'd just walked 5000000000 miles a day in 1999999 degree sun for 5 days straight.....then drove home. I didn't wanna meet someone on my doorstep the second I got home.

Well he agree'd and said he'd be there at 9am

HOLY CRAP.....from nashville to my house by 9am?!??!?! WTH was he gonna do, leave at 3am?

Yep, thats what the hell he did

He showed up a little after 9 with a ext cab F350 PSD with a trailer, ready to go, Test drove it, loaded it and handed me $7500 cash and drove off.

I handed $6000 to the wife for the credit cards, gas bill, and recent oil bill ($800......they fill us up in the freakin SUMMER) and took $1500 straight to the Beemer shop and ordered me up a hellova bike. The bike of all bikes IMHO. One I couldn't own if I had a car/truck payment. And since I've got a company truck now almost identical to my silverado I had sold, I didn't need anything to drive. (wifes still got the durango, and I've still got a 95 taurus)

It's got ABS, heated grips, electronic suspension (lets you select the ride) and more nuts than Planters Inc.

Hell I've only had it a little more than a month and already burned 3300 miles :lol:

I miss wheelin, but I couldn't take the bronco out after work for a 30 min ride and actually enjoy myself. To really have fun LEGALLY I needed to drive an hour and a half to URE, then I needed to be down there a while to justify the ride. With the Beemer I can come home, hop on and relieve all my stress in a 20-30 min ride up the road.

Plus my boss rides. He just let me hang out with him and 20 other hardley-ever-runs riders on a huge loop from here, to WVa, over to Ky, down to see corvettes assembled, then down to nashville to hear some goat ropin music, down to Ala, Ga, and back thru deals gap in Blount co. Tenn. And YES...there were several Hardley break downs

I missed riding...and don't believe I'll ever be without a bike. But I still wanna play off-road. I'm saving a few bucks a month to go toward a "Cheap Jeep" project. Nothing special, but built RIGHT and made to be scratched and not "purty" Something I won't be "scared" in :rolleyes:

Hey.....you guys need a shotgun rider? :D

Back