Cheapest spray in liner?

Jones4WD

Just bought an old F250 and I wanna put in a bedliner. I would like to do a Linex but I can't justify 500+ for a bedliner on an 89 model truck. I was going to do Herculiner because I have used it before with good results but I would prefer a spray in if cheap enough. Does anybody know of a decent spray in for cheap. I wanna know if I can find a company to do it for around $300. Its an 8 foot bed.

I had the cheap stuff sprayed in mine. Rhino on capital. never again. After 4-5 sprays it still isn't right and is pealing up so I am saving for linex. If you want cheap you won't get good.

Autozone has a kit for $50-80ish and if you have an air compressor, just go buy a cheap "undercoating" gun at Harbor Freight.

I will warn you, tape EVERYTHING off, I cannot believe how far that stuff travels thru the air.

I will warn you, tape EVERYTHING off, I cannot believe how far that stuff travels thru the air.

Ever seen how they mask off a truck to be sprayed with Line-X or Rhino ? or the area it is done ?

The Line-X shop walls are almost 6" thick in places and the floor gets peeled ( paper masking) once a month

i used the cheap roll in stuff on the last truck.

My truck now has Line-X. Big Difference. If you cant afford it...thats one thing...but its kinda like compairing apples to oranges.

FYI...will at Line-X of Boone does a good job....(i know, shameless plug)

Seth

FYI...will at Line-X of Boone does a good job....(i know, shameless plug)
Seth

not shameless at all...just recomending the best...haha...

Honestly, without trying to be a salesman here, if you can't afford a Line-X type liner I wouldn't spend your money on anything else...just use the truck the way it is.
I say Line-X TYPE because there are other brands out there that use the same chemicals (isocyanate and a polyol - they're not uncommon) as Line-X and it does turn out very much the same. You do not, however, get the no B.S. nationwide warranty with 'Sammy's Tough-Line' liner.

Shoot me a PM if you're really interested and we'll figure out the super NC4x4 deal.

Will

I've used the SEM brand liner with good results. I like to scuff everywhere it is going with 80 grit real well to give it something to hold on to. You can also get it in a tintable version. Enough to do a full size bed is about $150. That is one gallon of liner and a quart of hardner. All you need is a Schutz gun or under coat gun to spray.

Back