CheapJ...

kcon

Building an XJ for the cheapest that I can

1990 XJ 4.0 auto 261k miles with 4 inch lift in the rear and no front drive shaft

Plans for before the new year

-Getting a front drive shaft
-V8 ZJ coils with 2 inch spacers
-Removing front fenders all together
-Cutting the living crap out of the rear quarters
-Swapping in an 8.25
-Stripping the carpet and painting the side with bed liner
-Finding cheapJ tires... Looking for cheap 32-35s

for the jeep its self, axle, coils and spacers, and front drive shaft i've got around $300 into it

Next Stage
-Adjustable Trac. Bar
-Atleast a rear locker, welded?
-Steel bumpers, sliders, and hopefully a full exo
-Long arms maybe... maybe chromos

Any one with ideas for more CheapJ kinda upgrades chime in!

I'll post pictures tomorrow when there’s sun light

cut the trac bar and sleeve it. Weld the front and rear together and bust the front vac apart to attach a lawnmower cable so yo can llock the front in and out. that should save you about $1200 right there.

Building an XJ for the cheapest that I can
1990 XJ 4.0 auto 261k miles with 4 inch lift in the rear and no front drive shaft
Plans for before the new year
-Getting a front drive shaft
-V8 ZJ coils with 2 inch spacers
-Removing front fenders all together
-Cutting the living crap out of the rear quarters
-Swapping in an 8.25
-Stripping the carpet and painting the side with bed liner
-Finding cheapJ tires... Looking for cheap 32-35s
for the jeep its self, axle, coils and spacers, and front drive shaft i've got around $300 into it
Next Stage
-Adjustable Trac. Bar
-Atleast a rear locker, welded?
-Steel bumpers, sliders, and hopefully a full exo
-Long arms maybe... maybe chromos
Any one with ideas for more CheapJ kinda upgrades chime in!
I'll post pictures tomorrow when there’s sun light
zj draglinks are easy to find and alot stouter than xj's

cut the trac bar and sleeve it. Weld the front and rear together and bust the front vac apart to attach a lawnmower cable so yo can llock the front in and out. that should save you about $1200 right there.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have the front vac... at least thats what my friend that knows jeeps said.
Are you saying I should weld the front and rear spider gears... Not sure if thats what you meant but if it is do you think a stock hp 30 could handle that and 33's?

Good Idea with the trac bar i'll add that to the list

I think its any zj, but the draglink isnt needed right off the bat. just keep focused on what it will take to wheel it, and do the rest in between wheelin' trips.

Thanks, Looks like i'm getting some tires tomorrow along with an 8.25 and the replacement front drive shaft :driver:

All I need to start driving around is replace some brake parts

ah thanks! I'm so used to chevy's and leaf springs these damn coils and crap keep throwing me off!

^ thanks for the heads up looks like I'm getting some 15x10s for 80 bucks... i'm a broke ass college student so even though they might look better i gotta go with the CheapJer (cheaper) option

gots some new parts to throw in tomorrow...

wish I had the tires but after saying he would sell the tires to me some asshat kid on this board sold them out from under me with out even letting me know... He didn't even tell me until I called him to see if i could head his way

so I need 4 33x15x12.50 m/t

gots some new parts to throw in tomorrow...
wish I had the tires but after saying he would sell the tires to me some asshat kid on this board sold them out from under me with out even letting me know... He didn't even tell me until I called him to see if i could head his way
so I need 4 33x15x12.50 m/t

what an assclown

hey you want me to come over and get some pics for you

When harvey is done u can take take my welder and weld up the rear spider gears, get that over with

For the axles, find a set of shafts from a 97 and up wrangler or a 95 and up xj. It will be the larger 760x series u-joint which is the same size as a dana 44

sweet thanks for the tip i'll be on the look out

pick up a set of 33x13.50x15 TSL's on the cheap with really good tread left... over half i'd say! :driver:

for cheap a$$ 33s check out www.treadwright.com they may be retreads but i rocked them on 2 different trucks & loved them great traction price & waranty cant be beat & my cherokee had a 3 inch lift no flares 33s & an 8.8 & outcrawled much more expensive rigs btw it did have 4.88

for cheap a$$ 33s check out www.treadwright.com they may be retreads but i rocked them on 2 different trucks & loved them great traction price & waranty cant be beat & my cherokee had a 3 inch lift no flares 33s & an 8.8 & outcrawled much more expensive rigs btw it did have 4.88

hell yea man... i got some good tires today... i'm gonna run stock gearing for awhile and hopefully upgrade before to too long... my "bitch" is low and mean... i bet i have many be 3inches in the front and 4 in the rear

i loved my tires & being low & mean my current truck with 285/75/16 no lift suprised multiple people off road made it up couch mt no problem & suprised me more than once i got my tires shipped to my house for less than $600 which is amazing for a set of 285s & it hasnt run for almost 2 years & still they look like new

hell yea man... i got some good tires today... i'm gonna run stock gearing for awhile and hopefully upgrade before to too long... my "bitch" is low and mean... i bet i have many be 3inches in the front and 4 in the rear

nice dude. when we get back from break ill have to head over to check it out and help work on it. it at your condo or somewhere else?

Back