Check out this spring mount.

rattlecanpaint

Looks like it would add lift.. yuk.

Honestly though, what's the advantage, besides more "flex"...

Punkskalar said:
coilovers and shocks don't have to deal with the entire stress of the suspension systems alone, that bolt needs to be rather large to not snap under spring wrap and such...
It's a yota, how much stress can it have:D

I don't think I would want to drive it on the road. Just think about taking a curve in that thing.

thebluyak said:
you say flex like its a bad thing

There is FAR more to a capable rig than flex. Carrying a tire isn't always a bad thing.

Controlled (no ramp-champ revolver crap), balanced (front & rear) flex is far more important.

I'm just saying there are MUCH better ways to get a leaf spring setup to work...

Those things suck. Stupid ramp-champ crap that just gets you into trouble on the trail.

There are a couple F-Toy guys running that setup.

I think its F-Toy #23 or #27.

I'm a fawking seer. Don't expect anything less than absolute wisdom.

I know a guy with an SASed bronco that ran those things. He took it out wheeling one time and bent them all to peices. The idea behind it is good....They just done seem like theyd hold up in the long run.

Its looks like a good IDEA. But the IDEA has to be built strong enough for real world use, not just driving up a ramp. Rich and Scissor have a point they just have a rather abrasive way of putting things. Personally I think its a good IDEA, as long as that sh** doesn't break down blocking the trail in front of me :)

jdubb said:
Its looks like a good IDEA. But the IDEA has to be built strong enough for real world use

Exactly. Hell, a jet pack sounds like a great idea, but you won't see me trying to be the Rocketeer! :D

Seems like it should help extend the life of the spring. That way the spring only sees compression and extension but not twist. Also I dont know that I would trust that size of a bolt holding everything under there, maybe something bigger.

AARON

well a "Respected" guy on Pirate built something similar, albeit a lot beefier and got rave reviews. also another guys made some sort of slider as well and everyone loved where the spring slid instead of causing axle wrap.
can't find the thread, bottom line is like was stated previously, there are a lot better way to get more flex if it is needed.

nic-

Back