cherry bomb muffler

dyer91

has anyone ran one of these on a yj 6 cyl.? does it sound retarded? might put one on my heep cause they r cheap. i am taking off the cat and want to put a muffler where it would sit. i keep crushing my muffler. any thoughts? this is an off road rig only so i dont need to pass an inspection.

I am running a cherry bomb on my stroked 4.0 and everytime I tell people that I have a 6 cylinder under they hood, they tell me that they thought it was a V8. It is pretty loud though. At lower rpm's it is tolerable, but around 2400 rpm, it is danged loud!!!! I am considering going with a turbo muffler possibly. The turbo mufflers are almost as cheap as the cherry bombs.

I have a 40 series FlowMaster on both, my 4cyl TJ and my 6 cyl XJ. The 6 sounds good,kind of mellow v8ish. The TJ used to sound cool, till the manifold cracked. They are tough and can take some abuse as well.

cherry bombs are great, havnt had one on a 4.0.. actually have been thinking about it though... i had a set on 2 jeeps with amc 360s and were beat to hell and still worked perfectly.

just to stir the pot...

Cherry Bomb is actually a brand name and they make about 10 different styles of muffler.

I ran a pair of cherry bomb turbos (yes a pair) on my old CJ5 with the 258 and a split header and it sounded ok

Have one on my 4cyl 22re alon gw/ headers, and it sounds fine.
Ah, the purrrr of Japanese squirrels...

We've got a Cherry Bomb (not sure the model) on our '54 CJ-3B. The 4-cyl. sounds and breathes pretty good through it.

Back