Chevy Bushing Swap Question

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
Ok so I have the Chevy Superlift Swamprunner springs 12" front 8" rear and these are for the pre 88 model trucks. If you're familiar with these springs, then you'll know what I'm talkin about. The front springs bushings stick out like 3.5" wide. Now the springs them selfs are the usual 2.5" wide but for some reason the front spring bushings are wide as crap. Is it possible to trim off the excess part of the bushing to get it down to 2.5 wide like the rear springs and bushings or can I swap in some rear bushings into the front? If so would autozone carry those bushings?
Thanks

If the bushings would be normal width when trimmed, I see no reason why you can't. I have done it before with no problems. Are the bushings just wider? or are the spring eyes wider as well?

Take a pic please.. I have a feeling you're talking about cutting off an important part of the bushing.

yea its going under the jeep heres the only pic i have if you look you can see the springs thatare higher up have the really wide bushings and the ones on the bottom have bushings the same width of the spring itself.

Attachments

• Image0480.jpg
    Image0480.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 253
My $.02 Leave the bushings, make your own mounts. (Not that those POS springs will flex anyway, but...)

jrraw23 said:
yea its going under the jeep heres the only pic i have if you look you can see the springs thatare higher up have the really wide bushings and the ones on the bottom have bushings the same width of the spring itself.

That sentence speaks so, so highly of NCSU. :rolleyes:

The bushings are wider than the springs so that the springs don't hit the frame-side bracket.

Back