chips

I had a TS. Then I went to see Jody(DP Tuner). The new programs are night and day different. When I left Asheville, it was like I was driving a new truck. More power and alittle better mileage.

I'm pretty sure he can do an OBS. Give him a call, he went out of his way to take care of me. 828-221-0076

I went from a bully dog 75 or 85 chip to a 6 pos TS performance in my my 99.5 psd. It was a huge improvement. I run a modded truck with a huge turbo on WVO and have had no problems with my programming and I am very happy with it. BUT, I have heard alot about Jody Tipton's "tunes" and they are supposed to be the chit.

I probably sound like a spokesperson for Jody, but in my experience, he is the man. I thought my truck was strong with the TS, until I drove it with the new programs. He will ask you all about your truck in order to give you the most beneficial tuning. I'm probably more pleased with the tranny tuning than anything. He set mine up so when I hit around 55 in OD, the TC locks, and remains locked until I slow down below 32 mph. When I have OD off, it'll lock around 45. Now, it'll actually hold back alittle on downhills. If I ever buy another PSD, I'll drive it straight to Asheville.

To give you an idea of his customer service, he programmed my chip, we went for a ride, came back, changed a few things and I was on my way. About 20-30 min after I left, he called me, just to make sure everything was right and I was 100% satisfied. He told me to turn around and bring it back if I wasn't.

He is in Ashville hmmmmm.... How long did it take and how much did he charge you? I am heading that way monday and wouldn't mind stopping by there to try some new programs.

Price is a major factor for me. $240 for chip plus one program, with $45 per additional program is a bit out of my price range.

But while Im on the subject does "stock" count as a program?

I don't think stock counts as a position. You could get buy with 2 or 3 programs. I mainly use 3, tow, econo, and 140.

Just spoke with Jody and My brother and I are stopping by his house on our way to Tellico to get his new programs for both trucks. SAAAWEEET!!

Post up and let me know please... you can even pm me if you wish... if it's good enough i maybe taking a trip to Asheville...

Thanks,
Frank

Jody did a 3 pos custom burn for my 96 a while back. Love it.

As was said, no better customer service anywhere. Check out his wife's TDI bug while you are there too!

Shannon

everything I read on diesel stop, folks try all sorts of stuff and THEN they still endup converting to Jody's programs.

The reason is, generic programming VERSUS, custom program that takes into account YOUR MODS.

If you have none, or just an intake or, just this/that, or IF you have a tranny mod then he can tweak it even more, etc....

Unless I just land a $100 programmer kinda deal I will eventually drop $240+90 and get tow 40, econo 80 and "Play 140ish"

From what I understand, once you have the chip, if you make a change later on, he can email you a new program for a decent fee! (or you send somethnig, not sure how it works, just that folks do that)

Sam...poor ole stock 7.3 PSD...Hinton

DP tuner ROCKS. Jody's "tunes" are way smoother thru the whole RPM range. It was a definate upgrade over TS and was well worth the extra time to get custom burns for my rig. I would highly reccomend his tuning for any PSD owners out there. Take advantage of his location as most of his customers do not get that opportunity.

He is the "CHIT"

Back