Chistmas light show

Blkvoodoo

professionally useless
Y'all may have seen the vid clip of the house lit up and arraged to Trans Siberian Orchestra's "Wizards of Winter"

Well, there is a house local (to Raleigh) that has done the same, but the light/music show is 30min long ( and loops)

Larger display, some what elaborete, and pretty cool.

Lake Myra Light Show

Directions, Poole Road east toward Wendell, 3/4 mile past Smithfield Rd turn right on Lake Myra Rd.

Tune your car stereo to 100.1 FM pull to the side of the road trun off your head ligths (parking lights suggested) and enjoy the show,

Is a looping 30 min show.

Took my 2 year old daughter to see the show tonight, and she loved it !! Dancing in her car seat to the music and pointing and cheering. It really is a nice show.
Merry Christmas !!!!!

Kevin, Holly and Kelsey

We drove out last night and watched for about 30 minutes... it was very cool. He's got so much stuff in those two yards (his and the neighbor's) that you really have to see the whole thing.

Thanks for posting about it, Kevin. :)

The only thing I know about Raleigh is I go through it on the way to the beach. I would be coming from Graham on 40 east how do I get to Poole road ?
Thanks

CRK said:
I would love to see a video clip... Any links to one?

I hear of one in the works, trying to figure out how not to bring the board down with band width issues.

Took the wife and kid tonight ( wife wasn't with last night) and watched the whole show, pretty impressive really. fills up 2 yards, lots of light, lots of strobes, and a snow machine (no accumulation) Santa is there from 7pm till 9pm ( imagine the shcedule he must be on ?!?!?! )

Directions from Raleigh, east side of the belt line, first exit from I-40 east after the 40-440 split ( stay on 440 ) POOLE ROAD EXIT, follow Poole Rd about 5 miles, crossing Smithfield Rd another 3/4 mile you will follow road down into a small valley, at the bottom of hill is LAKE MYRA RD, turn right, tune radio to 100.1 and pull off to the side of the road, you will see the display.

There is music outside too, but the sound quality would be better in your vehicle ( not to mention warmer)

Enjoy

Thanks for the directions. I'll try to check that out next weekend.

Back