cj 5

bignick

Fastest fat guy on two wheels....
looking at buying a 65 cj 5 . it has 35's with no power steering or power brakes. does anyone know the best way to make this happen. i am a welder/fabricator by trade so that aspect of it wont be a problem for me...just wondering id there are any kits out there for this.

got a 94 zj ill trade ya for 4.5 lift 31's...nice daily driver that still is hell on the trail....4.0 all power a/c and heAT. LET ME KNOW

already got one of those.. .:) honestly.. I DO! well, mines a '93, but who's counting...

ZJ.jpg

chevy 305 ...im honestly probally going to put hydro steering couse it will only be used for wheelin...nice looking zj..mine is green also

as far puttinf power steering on yours, you could box the frame where th steering box mounts, find a 70's chevy (insert just about any chevy with power steering and 305.. maybe any V8) grab the pump, mounting bracket, resivor, and steeing box off it, and install it. Chevy vehicles should all have the Sagniaw steering box. then take teh fitting on each end of the hoses to a hydraulic store and have them make some hoses for you that would match CJ power steering hoses. you'll hve to come out from under the radiator which is pretty tight area.

really shouldn't be that bad to do. I did the same thing on my CJ but pulled mine from a waggy witha V8 and got the moutning bracket, pump, resivoir, hoses, steering box and drag link for like $120 some minor alterations and replacement parts and it's been running great since.

It being a 65 i would go over every inch of that frame, with 35's for a while i'd be supprised if its not ruff. The rear spring hanger on the front is a big problem area, also around the front frame gusset.

Back