CLass V Hitches

ghost

So now that I have stepped up to class V hitches all my class 3/4 stuff is too small. So I see Genny and BW and some aluminum ones. Is anyone better than the other? What do you use? What do you wish you could use?

If you feel like spending the money, the b&w tow and stow with 2"&2-5/16 is real nice. I also have the city 45900 version that I really like. If you're towing anything heavy or with decent tongue weight id stay with steel.

I've been eyeing this one, which has a higher capacity.

Also the one with the scale on the ball but not sure it is worth it. I've always just watched the truck squat as I loaded the trailer and rarely had to adjust the loading position.

I run a curt adjustable in mine. Has 2 5/16 w/pintle. Was one of the few rated high enough for my needs.
Screenshot_20210322-094323.png

Curt and B&W are names I know and see a lot. My budget was $250 - $300 after looking. On the drop should I just back the truck up to my trailer and measure how far down the ball would need to be?

Too small in capacity or 2in receiver and now you have a 2.5" on the truck? My truck came with an adapter to allow the 2" hitch to be used in the 2.5" receiver on the truck?
I thought about an adapter but with plans to pull a bigger trailer I figured I may as well step up to what the F250 uses...

I thought about an adapter but with plans to pull a bigger trailer I figured I may as well step up to what the F250 uses...

I stepped up to a 2.5" for my WDH on my equipment trailer. I use the adapter for my adjustable drop hitch for my utility trailer and for my bicycle carrier.

I have one of these, 2.5" 6" drop on my leveled w/37s 2500. No complaints. 22k rated. Ordered it on Amazon and had it in two days.

Duane

I have one of these, 2.5" 6" drop on my leveled w/37s 2500. No complaints. 22k rated. Ordered it on Amazon and had it in two days.

Duane
I went to this one as well.

FYI

@ghost I do have an Aluminum Weigh-Safe with the built in scale. It’s a Class V with all three of the common stainless hitch balls. The scale stopped working a little while ago. If you want to pay for shipping I’ll give it to you. I’m pretty certain the scale is replaceable for not a lot of cash.

It was the right drop for my 2018 Ram 3500 4x4.

Also,
Thanks for letting me borrow your jumper cables at URE last year to jump off the big XJ.
-J. R.

Last edited:

FYI

@ghost I do have an Aluminum Weigh-Safe with the built in scale. It’s a Class V with all three of the common stainless hitch balls. The scale stopped working a little while ago. If you want to pay for shipping I’ll give it to you. I’m pretty certain the scale is replaceable for not a lot of cash.

Also,
Thanks for letting me borrow your jumper cables at URE last year to jump off the big XJ.
-J. R.
I might have to get that from you for a back up. No worries on the jump any time. I took delivery on a B&W this week.
View attachment 341778

FYI

Also,
-J. R.
Jesus....how many times did you need cables last year? 😆

Back