Commercial HVAC Recommendations

rabb11d

The machine shop I work for is in need of more AC during the summer months. We have four 15 ton units now and they just can't keep up. We are also thinking about ducting what we have so we don't have cold\hot spots(maybe fabric ducts?). Does anyone have a good source for this in the Mooresville, NC area?

We might need a little heat in the winter as well.

The temps swings we get now give us accuracy issues with our machine tools.

Can't remember who we use locally but it would be good to have more than one opinion.

Did they ever keep up? I guess what I'm asking is this a design issue or a performance issue? Is there areas where insulation could be inadequate? Has any one checked the units to ensure they are clean and operating properly?

Did they ever keep up? I guess what I'm asking is this a design issue or a performance issue? Is there areas where insulation could be inadequate? Has any one checked the units to ensure they are clean and operating properly?
They have never kept up to the level we need. We also keep adding heat sources with new machines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I work for Superior Mechanical INC out of randlman but we travel all over the state. We have engineers who can calculate your building load with all the machines then decide the best plan of action. I work on the service side so I don’t really have anything to do with the design and installation of things, But I can get you in contact with the correct people. Shoot me a pm if you would like their info.

HVAC guys don't seem to realize how much heat these machines put into the building between servo drives and transformers and braking resistors. We don't even have to turn the heat on until there are multiple below freezing days in a row. Are there any dock doors or roll up doors that stay open a lot?

I work for Superior Mechanical INC out of randlman but we travel all over the state. We have engineers who can calculate your building load with all the machines then decide the best plan of action. I work on the service side so I don’t really have anything to do with the design and installation of things, But I can get you in contact with the correct people. Shoot me a pm if you would like their info.

I also vote for Superior Mechanical INC in Randleman. I'm one of those engineering type guys Curtis mentioned and i work there too. I am a PE and manage our construction department so i can see what you have and give you recommendations of what you need.

You can also send me a PM for my contact info.

HVAC guys don't seem to realize how much heat these machines put into the building between servo drives and transformers and braking resistors. We don't even have to turn the heat on until there are multiple below freezing days in a row. Are there any dock doors or roll up doors that stay open a lot?
Doors are only open for minimum amounts. We have about 18 transformers, 15 chillers, 2 air compressors and plenty of other heat producers. I've been there 17 years and can't remember the heat being on. Building is also about 25 years old so I'm sure it's not the most efficient.

We need to get down to a 2-3 deg swing in 24 hrs. Mid summer we are about 6 or 7.

My vote goes to Superior which is why I tagged Curtis. Very well know company statewide. I should have tagged Lankford too, but he wondered in anyway.

If you guys get the job someone owes me lunch...

I also vote for Superior Mechanical INC in Randleman. I'm one of those engineering type guys Curtis mentioned and i work there too. I am a PE and manage our construction department so i can see what you have and give you recommendations of what you need.

Good timing I just pm’d him to call you tomorrow.

Curtis pmd me your info and I will pass it along to management.

It's always fun telling the boss he needs to spend a large sum of money for a few deg. Everyone just thinks "oh the fat guy doesn't like being hot".

Back