Commuting with your tow rig

untchabl

On the rocks
Motorcycle tires are even cheaper ;)
Maybe in upfront cost since you only buy two but car tires have much longer tread life vs motorcycle tires. A $100 car tire can go 40,000-60,000 miles depending on how well you rotate, check pressures, etc. No motorcycle tire is going to get that kind of mileage.

shelby27604

Motorcycle tires are even cheaper ;)
Google darkside motorcycle tires......I used to run a Michelin hydro-somethin'-er-other on the rear of my cruiser.....20k miles and it still looked like new. OEM Dunlop made it 4k miles.
The only rub is finding a shop that will mount a car tire on the rear rim.....the shop that did it expressly told me "do not go telling anyone we did this!"

jeepinmatt

..l.
Google darkside motorcycle tires......I used to run a Michelin hydro-somethin'-er-other on the rear of my cruiser.....20k miles and it still looked like new. OEM Dunlop made it 4k miles.
The only rub is finding a shop that will mount a car tire on the rear rim.....the shop that did it expressly told me "do not go telling anyone we did this!"
Probably Michelin Hydroedge. They had a 90k mile warranty. Ran a set on my 04 TDI Passat and got like 22k miles out of em. I'm hard on tires :D