Compression Boot with Camper shell

versatilestyle87

Who has installed a compression boot to mate the cab of their truck with their camper shell. Where did you get the boot rubber from? What are your experiences? How noisy is it? Does it leak? I really want to do this but don't know the best way to go about it.

I will see if I can find the build when I get on my computer but there's a guy on expedition portal that has a green t100 with a sweet alum camper shell that put a roll down window in the back of the cab and then made a thing like your wanting to make. It's under the Toyota section.

They work well. My folks used one for years on a coach camper. They can rub some paint off the cab if you use it a long time. Ebay or maybe Camping World?

My uncle used to have this type set up. He used a tire tube. Worked it in the shape he wanted and pumped it up. From what I remember, it worked well. Not sure if it was a car tube or motorcycle tube or what though.

I've seen the blow up tube ones but they seem to only be for if you want to open up the middle window and connect that with the back. I want to remove both windows and have the cab connected to the bed as I sleep in the back sometimes and would like to be able to just crawl through. I know that people say both the accordion style and blow up style scratch the paint but I don't care much about that. Just wanna know how to set it up.

I have a camper shell for my nissan that came with a pretty sweet rubber gasket. Ill try to get a picture of it, but at work (Carquest) we have a book with several different camper shell type gaskets in it, same book that has the foam that goes between the shell and the bed rails. Try going down to your local store and ask to look through it. My truck is on jackstands so I have no personal experience yet, but ought too soon. Looking to do the same thing you are

Back