Cops on Hwy 49 in Harrisburg

maddog411

They are going crazy today pulling people over. I just took a drive 1/2 mile down the road to advance auto and already saw 2 people pulled over. The guys at advance had apparently seen quite a few today. Ever since they lowered the speed limit thru part of town the cops have been bad. I got pulled on the other side of Cabarrus for speeding and pulled in Harrisburg for a worn tire and for no seatbelt, all within the last 3 months! Guess the state needs money bad. :fuck-you:

I watched a guy on 24 27 who was drunk as hell get pulled friday night, i bet the guy hit the curb a dozen times and when the sheriff in front of me flicked on the lights he just stopped in the middle of the highway, he got what he deserved I have no remorse for drunk drivers

Yeah i drive through harrisburg every day and the cops on that stretch have gotten worse since the lowered the limti.

Be careful they don't grab your nuts. :alien:

... I got pulled on the other side of Cabarrus for speeding and pulled in Harrisburg for a worn tire and for no seatbelt, all within the last 3 months! Guess the state needs money bad.

Yeah... bad cops... greedy state... that's gotta be the answer. :shaking:

They are going crazy in harrisburg. Also on I485. 3 days ago i saw 4 people pulled over in the span of 1 exit. In between the rocky river road exit and the harrisburg exit. Its getting ridiculous.

They are going crazy in harrisburg. Also on I485. 3 days ago i saw 4 people pulled over in the span of 1 exit. In between the rocky river road exit and the harrisburg exit. Its getting ridiculous.
They always sit there at Rocky River....Usually 3 or 4 at a time.

Yeah... bad cops... greedy state... that's gotta be the answer. :shaking:

No, it actually is. When tax receipts drop, police citations go up. It's statistically verifiable.

My GF lives in Ramsuer on 49. I watched from her front porch 6 get pulled fri night in 3 hours. All of them need the $$

On 485 the state troopers always sit under the bridge right before the exit 33, I drive over the bridge every day and they are sitting clocking all the time. Also on 49 they are out everywhere, a week ago on my way to class I watched 4 people get pulled over and then I passed 2 more cops in the median clocking.... Pretty crazy if you ask me

All this wouldn't be a problem if you didn't speed. Its hard to blame the cops when they can sit out on the median and catch people running 65 or so in a 45.....

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into
prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying
to lift himself up by the handle."

Winston Churchill

No, it actually is. When tax receipts drop, police citations go up. It's statistically verifiable.
No doubt, and who can blame them? They want money and we're throwing it at them from our car windows! Come on folks, it's not like a speeding ticket is that hard to avoid (or any other moving violation, for that matter).
All this wouldn't be a problem if you didn't speed. Its hard to blame the cops when they can sit out on the median and catch people running 65 or so in a 45.....
BINGO!

No doubt, and who can blame them? They want money and we're throwing it at them from our car windows! Come on folks, it's not like a speeding ticket is that hard to avoid (or any other moving violation, for that matter).
BINGO!
I think the point is that they don't seem to care as much when the system is being fed by other means. Makes it evident that the concern is centered on money more than safety.

Last Thursday, coming home from Granite Falls in my RV, pulling my empty trailer on I-40, I almost wrecked because of a State trooper.
A motor Cycle past me, then got over to take exit 100. A trooper tried the same thing but was clearly out of room, but he did it anyway. So here I am having to jam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. Just so he could pull a speeder.
Same thing happened a while back while going up 321N. Trooper crosses the median in front of me to go after a speeder. That time I was pulling my Jeep too.
Seems everyday I go out on the highways and find myself on the idiot trail. The sad thing is that I see more idiots driving patrol cars than I do civilian cars. Just waiting on the day when I can't slow down enough to avoid their offensive move and some one is hurt.

I think the point is that they don't seem to care as much when the system is being fed by other means. Makes it evident that the concern is centered on money more than safety.
Unfortunately I have to agree. Ironically it's been their lack of enforcement during the 'good times' that feeds their feast when money gets tight.
I have no doubt that they'll do whatever they can get away with to bring in the bucks, all in the name of safety. Watching the back flips they turn for Bruton during race week at LMS proves that. My only point was that, at least for now, WE have the power to make these sudden enforcement efforts less fruitful.

Last Thursday, coming home from Granite Falls in my RV, pulling my empty trailer on I-40, I almost wrecked because of a State trooper.
A motor Cycle past me, then got over to take exit 100. A trooper tried the same thing but was clearly out of room, but he did it anyway. So here I am having to jam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. Just so he could pull a speeder.
Same thing happened a while back while going up 321N. Trooper crosses the median in front of me to go after a speeder. That time I was pulling my Jeep too.
Seems everyday I go out on the highways and find myself on the idiot trail. The sad thing is that I see more idiots driving patrol cars than I do civilian cars. Just waiting on the day when I can't slow down enough to avoid their offensive move and some one is hurt.

use the chrome horn on the 5-0, I'd love to see that one!

Yea, I damn near hit one of them SOB's on 40 in Greensboro just before the 85 split. I really should have got his car number and called the police to report a dangerous driver. About 5 of us had to slam on brakes to avoid the DA while he slowed to 40 MPH to get behind a speeder.

Cops are also cracking down on window tint as well, they will now pull you for having dark tint instead of doing it as a second offense.

Cops are also cracking down on window tint as well, they will now pull you for having dark tint instead of doing it as a second offense.

Same as a seat belt. I pased 7 cops from Ramsure to Thomasville this morning. Krispy Kreme is going to go broke!

I had a state trooper almost hit me on 77 a couple weeks coming through the median to pull a speeder ahead of me. I had to slam on my brakes and change lanes to avoid being hit I flipped the f$%ker off and I probably would have went to jail that day if he had pulled me but he scarred the:poop: out of me and my 9 year old daughter.

Well I got another ticket this morning IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY. I went to Lowe's Foods at about 8:00 this morning, all of 0.2 miles away. When I come back home I have to make a right at a stop sign, go about 100 yards, then turn right into my driveway. I had opened my door and was about to get out when I noticed blue lights behind me. A black woman state trooper named Cagler told me I had run the stop sign and I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I asked her if she could pull somebody over on there own private property and she said yes. I argued with her over the seat belt a little bit didn't say anything rash. After she left I got a little enraged. I'm pissed that I didn't say more to her. I've alway had it hammered into my had "don't fuck with the cops" so I've never really argued with them when I get stopped but I'm starting to question that philosophy. I talked to a couple friends and apparently this trooper has been getting everyone for everything lately. Damnit I'm still pissed off!

Well I got another ticket this morning IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY. I went to Lowe's Foods at about 8:00 this morning, all of 0.2 miles away. When I come back home I have to make a right at a stop sign, go about 100 yards, then turn right into my driveway. I had opened my door and was about to get out when I noticed blue lights behind me. A black woman state trooper named Cagler told me I had run the stop sign and I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I asked her if she could pull somebody over on there own private property and she said yes. I argued with her over the seat belt a little bit didn't say anything rash. After she left I got a little enraged. I'm pissed that I didn't say more to her. I've alway had it hammered into my had "don't fuck with the cops" so I've never really argued with them when I get stopped but I'm starting to question that philosophy. I talked to a couple friends and apparently this trooper has been getting everyone for everything lately. Damnit I'm still pissed off!

I think the real questions are........
Did you run(or roll through) the stop sign ?
Were you wearing your seatbelt?

Back