CTB calender.

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
Do you guys have an online calendar for this yrs club rides? Or is it available through the newsletter? I'm an old too long inactive member. I'd like to re-up and get involved again. My work, business, family, and church keep me busy so I need a calendar and lot's of preplanning to make it work.

Also I would like to know the percentage of rides that you guys plan that require tag and insurance? Back in the day most rides revolved around driving to and from and the few who trailered were hero's. I have both types of vehicles but would like to narrow down my focus and what to put my money toward on building them.

Difficulty and build types have always been diverse in the CTB, but as with any group you tend to get an active common core. So where does that stand?

Lastly are outings still planned with some long weekends and camping? And are they defined on the calendar?

deerrrr.... stupid remembered ya'll have an active web sight. google is your friend.....

found the calendar.

any input on the vehicular trends??????

OK, I'll start over; you got the calender while I was typing the info. Next Ride is Potts mountain, Va. You can do that with a stocker, as I recall. Some 33s would be good. It's pretty easy riding, with challenges along the trail, but they all should have bypasses. Nice camp ground,if your up for that, & Interstate Motels about 30 minutes drive. CTB will also be helping with April-Uwharrie Jamboree! Come out & see us, Andrew!

Is Potts a private area or state maintained? Do I need to bring the insured motor vehicle or the other 4wd? Trying to get online to come out.

Doable in a Extended Cab Cummins tow rig if I pull the Camper and make it a family weekender?

I bet its doable but the there are some fairly tight spots between trees, There are allways a bunch of open seats as well and you are welcome to hop in with somebody too. The scenery up there is probably the best around, and the camping is nice, make sure you bring whatever you would want to eat, there is nothing close to go out and get. Mnay of us will get there on friday afternoon/evening and stay till sunday.

Do you guys have an online calendar for this yrs club rides? Or is it available through the newsletter? I'm an old too long inactive member. I'd like to re-up and get involved again. My work, business, family, and church keep me busy so I need a calendar and lot's of preplanning to make it work.

Also I would like to know the percentage of rides that you guys plan that require tag and insurance? Back in the day most rides revolved around driving to and from and the few who trailered were hero's. I have both types of vehicles but would like to narrow down my focus and what to put my money toward on building them.

Difficulty and build types have always been diverse in the CTB, but as with any group you tend to get an active common core. So where does that stand?

Lastly are outings still planned with some long weekends and camping? And are they defined on the calendar?

Ctb is very diverse, the most common rig is factory based( in some form) from 33 to 37/38 inch tire, Potts is one of the few that require a tag and insurance, Harlan, Windrock etc it isnt needed. Most rig,s regardlesss of size are built well and reliable, and enjoy challenges to their capability as well as just good ol trail time.

I personally would not take a tow rig on the trail at Potts. If it was completely dry you might do OK. But if it's wet at all you would struggle a lot and most likely cause damage. There is also a mild rock garden with no bypass if I recall correctly. However, Potts is a great place to ride. Hope to see you on the trail!

Potts Mtn VA April 12th

Black Mtn OHV Harlan Ky May 17th

Golden Mtn OHV Sparta TN June 7th

Potts Mtn VA July 12th

Black Mtn OHV Harlan Ky August 9th

43rd annual Fun Carravan Uwharrie September 13th

Dixie Run Sparta TN September 27th

Uwharrie Veterans Day Ride November 8th

Christmas ride and Dinner Uwharrie December 13th

Thanks for the details guys. Anybody leaving from Hickory or Mocksville? Sounds like tent camping and towing up my tagged xj. I guess they have enough parking for that instead of driving up the wheeler?

The campground is pretty good sized. I've towed every time I've been and hadn't had a problem with parking. There is one tight turn in the campground but I can squeeze by with a 24 foot gooseneck.

As for the the tow rig on the trail, I wouldn't do it. Juarez is right. I can think of a couple places without bypasses that would claim rockers or door panels on something that long.

I will be leaving from archdale headed that way that Friday but probably won't be on the road until 5 or so.

Directions: When you enter New Castle on Hwy 311 from the south, turn right on SR 615 (Market St) just past the C&M Grocery and Gas. Go 3 miles on SR 615 and turn left onto SR 609 at The Pinetop Restaurant. Go 2.2 miles to the stop sign and turn left on SR 611. Go 3.3 miles and turn right on SR 617. Go 5.5 miles to the Pines Campground on the left.

**Disclaimer: Directions courtesy of John Craven from the July 2012 Newsletter**

got an address? I need to figure drive time. How early do you guys set out on Saturday to wheel? And are you guys going to wheel any Sunday? My wife has informed me that we are hosting a youth camp out on the 11 for church. Good thing she keeps track of stuff like that, bad thing it lands on this weekend when I'm really chomping to get up with you guys again. I don't think all our youth would fit in the XJ! Stay up half the night with them. Wake them all up at the crack of dawn, and head out. EERRR maybe:rolleyes:

Club rides usually start at 9 and go until 5-6 but that can vary in both directions depending on location and conditions. Most of the time Sunday is pack everything up and head home.

Back