CTD owners advise please

ProjekTJ

I've been looking around for a tow rig/DD.

I've found a 2002 Dodge 2500 4x4, shortbed-ext. cab, brake controller, gauge pillar w/gauges, 5" exhaust, a possible chip upgrade with 71K.

The place is asking 19,900 for it. I went and drove it this afternoon, everything seemed fine and dandy.

Thoughts, question, comments?

I've read a little about them and I'm looking for other first hand advise.

Thanks,
Staton

Auto or 6 speed?

That truck is just getting broken in, plenty of miles left on it...If the P/O took care of it. The fact that it has a chip (possible) and guages makes me worry a bit. Look to see if it was used as a tow rig. If there is no 5th wheel marks or goose neck hole or obvious use of the bumper hitch...It's extra power was used to smoke ricers...

6spd. -Sorry left that out.

It's got scratches the outsides of the bed rails and inside the bed, I'm guessing a plastic liner once resided there. Can't tell much else about towing history.
The chip and guages make me a bit leery too, but at the same time, I'd plan on doing those things if I owned it anyway.

See if you can find out if the fuel injector pump has been replaced, mine went out somewhere around 65-70k. 102k now and I don't have any complaints.

depends on what color it is.....:flipoff2:

Just buy the truck so you can go wheeling with us and not worry about getting home. I bet this is going to eat into the full-width swap $$.

Stock Lift pump replacement - $180
FASS lift pump replacement (ungrade) - $400ish
Passing a Ford racing up Black Mountain - $priceless

Seth

6spd. -Sorry left that out.
It's got scratches the outsides of the bed rails and inside the bed, I'm guessing a plastic liner once resided there. Can't tell much else about towing history.
The chip and guages make me a bit leery too, but at the same time, I'd plan on doing those things if I owned it anyway.

2002 6speed would be HO correct with the dana 80 and disk rear?

So it's good stuff?! A bunch of people have been coming down to check it out so it'll probably get gone before I get to it.

Anybody want to buy a 2001 Subaru Outback?

Ownership is looking good. Matter of fact, it's in front of my house as this is posted...just no paperwork has been signed yet. ;)

Back