Cucumber - Love pickles but hate everything else....... Maybe I need newer recipes ?

@Yay!Gurrr you're in good company. I can't stand cucumbers and the only reason I allow them to exist is because pickles are sooooo good. The taste and smell invade my sinuses and can/will completely ruin my meal along with anything they've touched. If smuggling them was an issue, I could work at an airport. I can smell them a mile away.

There's a legitimate reason for my hatred and it's as deep as my very own genetics!

"Cucumbers contain related organic compounds that are thought to cause the smell and taste some people find repugnant and others donā€™t notice at all. A gene called TAS2R38 is responsible."

Nobody ever understands when I say I hate them. There's foods I don't eat because they're just not flavorful to me. The only thing I truly hate and will never eat is cucumbers!

I hate pickles.
Hate them.
If Chick-fil-A doesnā€™t leave the pickles off my original Sammich (the two or three times a year I give in) ā€¦the bread that touched the Pickles gets ripped apart and the breading pulled off the chicken or I will gag.

Yes I know they use pickle juice.

Fresh cucumbers on the other hand - bring ā€˜em on.

tzatziki sauce

Is a wonderful way to easily spread the fowl taste of cucumber all over a sandwich. It's such a waste!

This whole hating cucumber thing really messes with my sushi game too. It sucks.

Those of you (apparent genetic freaks šŸ¤£) that hate cucumbers (I LOVE them)... but outside of small bit's in a salad or a moderate slice on a burger/sandwich, detest tomatoes šŸ¤«

Is a wonderful way to easily spread the fowl taste of cucumber all over a sandwich. It's such a waste!

This whole hating cucumber thing really messes with my sushi game too. It sucks.
What's your take on watermelon? I've noticed flavor similarities between the two and looked it up and apparently they're pretty close genetically.

The only thing I don't want is a slab of 'mater on a sandwich or burger. Everything else is perfectly fine.

What's your take on watermelon? I've noticed flavor similarities between the two and looked it up and apparently they're pretty close genetically.

I don't HATE it, but I don't eat it. Just tastes like a crunchy sponge to me. I can't fathom someone saying "it's so sweet". No, Ted, it just tastes bland...plus, my parents always made me take out watermelon scraps as a kid (I didn't eat it then either) and they'd set them on the front porch so the yellow jackets would get in them first. Buncha assholes...

I also remembered, I sorta feel the same way about celery as I do cucumbers. However, I'll eat it if it's in something and cooked down pretty good.

Definitely do not want celery with peanut butter and absolutely do not want them with wings. I have NEVER understood that!

Back