Cushman axle removal

Blkvoodoo

professionally useless
Trying to remove axle cup from rear diff, trying to do it without destroying the diff case in the process. Have pried (4ft as much as I dare against the case) and tapped and levered and smacked and she no budge.

Short of total case destruction, is there a trick I’m missing ?
Done dozens of cv axles in front and 4wd vehicles, not had this issue in the past.
32C49FFC-DB6B-4B37-9ECB-8D418166A23A.jpeg

Slide hammer with good vice grips.

I had to do this to a cv shaft earlier this week while my dad pried on it at the same time. It was the hardest cv axle either of us have ever removed.

Duane

0864BF9B-557D-45DE-B17A-9D66CCA67065.jpeg

Is that a pin that you can push in? I know on my wildcat, you have to straighten the cv and push it in to release the cv and pull it out while you still have it pushed in.

View attachment 363906

Is that a pin that you can push in? I know on my wildcat, you have to straighten the cv and push it in to release the cv and pull it out while you still have it pushed in.
No, just a spring clip in groove in splines, just no way to really get a good grasp on the cup. The visegrip method hasn’t been tried yet, thats something we’ll have to fab up
it’s a Monday thing now

No, just a spring clip in groove in splines, just no way to really get a good grasp on the cup. The visegrip method hasn’t been tried yet, thats something we’ll have to fab up
it’s a Monday thing now

I have a pair of vice grips with a slide hammer attached if you want to borrow it.

Duane

Back