Custom made Armor

HogeySpooner

I'm in the middle of an axle swap on my 89 YJ. Removing the stock D30 & D35 w/3.07's. Installing D30 out of a 95 and an 8.8 with an Aussie locker. Both have 4.10's. Fabricated some armor for them. Some pics below.

Attachments

• 085.JPG
    085.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 676
  • 089.JPG
    089.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 626
Cool....It's nowhere near the gas tank. duh

Clears the gas tank plenty. It's installed and looks pretty tough. I'll post some pics this weekend.

it'll fix itself......:popcorn:
Post up some pics of the things you fabricated. Doubt you know how to turn a welder on or light a torch. Lotta talent you have cleaning mold from underneath peoples houses. Where do you go to school for that!!:confused:

Post up some pics of the things you fabricated. Doubt you know how to turn a welder on or light a torch. Lotta talent you have cleaning mold from underneath peoples houses. Where do you go to school for that!!:confused:
Why get so defensive? All he said was that it'll fix itself, and if there's nothing wrong, there's nothing to fix.

whoa, bust out a tube of butt hurt creme man. I was half joking and half serious. First off, you said that you checked it and it has plenty of clearance. Seconly, when i used to have an 8.8 and a 30 under my YJ, i ordered Ruffstuff covers for the axles, and after installing them I ran into a a snafu. I immediately called Dan at ruffstuff and he told me, that the cover may hit the gas tank skid but would most likely just knock ll the dirt off the skid in that area. I ran it like that and put a small dent in the gas tank skid, and it stayed that way for 2 years with no issues.

Check build threads for stuff i've fabbed. Theres my YJ, My pop's suburban, and my buddy's 4runner, amongst a long list of other items.

On another note, I'm 23, I have ten, yes 10 years of experience designing and installing moisture control systems in crawlspaces. I have not been to any school for it, considering most of what we do, is the exact opposite of conventional thinking of how to dry out a crawlspace moisture problem. Come talk to me when you want to discuss grains of water in the air at a given temperature.

I go to school for welding and machining while working full time. I have two GTAW certifications, and are currently testing for my SMAW and GMAW certifications.

my YJ... I've done everything to it. 60 Front, 14 Rear, 5.38's. Lockrite/spool. I built the motor (4.8L stroker), I built the axles, I built the cage, bla, bla, bla

6254_525856737442_72102615_31116405_7854854_n.jpg

Bottome line is, go to the store and pick up an XL tube of butt hurt creme and smear it all over, you need it.

I'll start being nice when you quit being stupid!

89 YJ - 4" Pro Comp Lift - 34" LTB's - 258 4.2L
99 XJ - 4 Door - 258 4.0L

99 xj - 4door - 258 4.0L????? You are the one that needs to quit being stupid. I seriously hope you know the difference between a 258 and 4.0L.

And cleaning mold from underneath houses is different from we do. We will clean it, but that is unnecessary and an additional fee based on square footage.

you said mac5005 probaly doesnt know how to turn on a welder but judging from the welds in 089.JPG you just figured out how to turn yours on. its supposed to look like a roll of dimes... not a pile of gravel.

even though this is your thread... dont flame

Back