Daily driver help

BigBody79

2011 GMC Sierra 4x4
5.3 auto
165000 miles

Just recently put a set of 275/75/18 Michelin ltx tires on it.

It has not drove well since. Pretty solid vibration at all speeds. Bad vibration at 65.

Tires have been balanced three times. No road force balance. Is there something on the truck side I need to look at?

My father in law is a DIE HARD Michelin LTX fan. Runs them exclusively on everything he has owned for the nearly 20 years I've known him. He went round and round with the tire shop with a similar issue on a brand new set they just put on his Tundra. Finally they pulled them off and replaced them with another set, and the issue went away.

Michelin isn’t what they used to be with some of the crap I’ve seen. Went round and round with them with about 11 tires, finally got a engineer to come out and watch me do my job…. He said we were using the wrong lube and blah blah blah… ended up takin the 11 tires back and haven’t heard a word since. When was the last time the balancer was calibrated? Did u see the road force #s?

Back in the day, my late Dad put a set of LR E tires on his '86 GMC 1500 (they were much more reasonably priced than 16" non-LT rubber)
*RODE_LIKE_ABSOLUTE_ASS!* Like an empty dumptruck on bare rims plus massive death wobble...
After a few weeks, he bit the bullet and swapped them out... only later to divulge he "had checked the pressures and were dead on the 95# max marked on the sidewall" 🙄

Make sure you're not being hamstrung by silliness...

Did you get the road force numbers? If you had anything over 24 I would get a new set

I just bought a tire truing machine if anyone wants to give it a try. My ram has 37" general atxs that are unbalanceable between 69-80. Going to find out if worth a shit tomorrow
If it’s like the machine I’ve seen used about 15yrs ago it worked great. Just kinda shaves the tire down correct?

My 2016 1500 4x4, 6.2, 52K. Discount Tire installed Michelin Defender 275/65/18. Far Superior to the hard ass Goodyear's, that came on it! Smooth as silk! Truck suggest 35 psi on all corners. I prefer 40 / front & 32 rear.

I have a set of Michelin LTX tires on my F-350, I absolutely hate them, rides rough and from 40-55 mph has a bad vibration, I had a set of cheap O’s on it before these and it rode a whole lot better, I had been scratching my head but I talked to a guy that was running same tires on his F250 and he said the same thing about his

Back