Dana 110

It will also be 10 lug and super wide. You'll spend more to make it remotely work than if you buy a standard 3/4-1 ton SD60

If cheap I'd still buy them. You could prob sell them to a guy wanting to put 22.5 under a dually

I've looked at a few in person. It's the common match to the Super 60.
Picture the bastard child of a Ford 9 and a Rockwell rear. One plus side to them is you can get them geared as low as 5.13 (I think, if not, 5.38) from the factory.

Plus you'll need to shorten the long side in order to get equal length on each end of the spring perch. With the super short driver's side, it makes placing a pad on the pass side difficult with regard to keeping the axle centered under the frame. Just a heads up.
You may want to consider the 99-04 SD60 or even the 88-96 models. The 88-96 36" pad width is easy to package with out boarded leafs on a YJ.

What he said^^
99-04 SD 60 swap in a YJ really isn't that bad. Project Steampunk page 1. Or 2... I can't remember.

I thought all the ford dually 4x4 axles had an adapter/spacer on the front, you can find them on eBay all the time, the 450/550 one have a huge taper and all use the same unit bearing?

I thought all the ford dually 4x4 axles had an adapter/spacer on the front, you can find them on eBay all the time, the 450/550 one have a huge taper and all use the same unit bearing?

From what I have read, it depends on the year. They definitely made a 10 lug unit bearing. It and the 8lug can be interchanged.

Back