DANA 300 on eBay GOOD PRICE?

thinking about twinsticking the TJ when I do the 8.8 swap. get to get a new driveshaft for a sye so I figure it would be a good time. I will let you know Rob. PM, me with what you got and how much. thanks John

you know that is passenger side drop, not driver, you would need to flip it or swap your front end.

pheery said:
you know that is passenger side drop, not driver, you would need to flip it or swap your front end.
yep, I saw that. I plan on tearing whatever one I buy and doing quit a bit of work to it. Not in too big of a hurry onces I get it. Just my little project. thanksJohn

With your money, but the time you flip it ($600+ for the kit) and low gear it ($600 or so for a 4:1) since its a higher gear than your 231 and then put a bearing rebuild kit, you might as well invest in an Atlas. If you swap to a passenger side drop front axle then it becomes worth it.

There are other ways. I have $650 in mine (including purchase price), flipped, with a 32 spline output and altered driveshafts. However, if you don't have tools, machine equipment, and knowledge at your disposal, it can get expensive quick. Also, I sold the NP231 w/SYE for $325, so that helped offset the cost. It also cost about $100 more than it should have for the driveshafts, because I needed 2 new yokes and 2 u-joints. A write up can be found here:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6454

Also, the 2.62:1 isn't that different from 2.72:1, and 4:1 kits are under $500 shipped for the D300.

rockcity said:
description says NO SHIPPING...

its a reasonable price. John, If ya want a D300, let me know

Rob

I am going to need one some time in the future befor the end of the year for my cherokee pm me with what you got

Back