Dana 44 carrier bearing removal help

Subzilla

Test Driver
Triad - Mt. Pleasant, Concord & Georgeville
Need to remove bearings off a used Grizzly locker for the install into a Dana 44. I know I can cut/chisel/break the old ones to remove but trying to save them so I can grind on them for set-up bearings. I have a set of new bearings, of course, for the new install. Ran around to parts stores to find the loaner bearing separator (Napa, Automoan, Advance Auto)....none of them had it or hardly even knew what I was talking about. Anyone have a set of Dana 44 set-up bearings willing to loan OR willing to help me (rather, me help you) to remove the old ones assuming you have the right equipment? It would be worth a 6 pack of your favorite beverage. Located in Concord but I can travel wherever.

Need to remove bearings off a used Grizzly locker for the install into a Dana 44. I know I can cut/chisel/break the old ones to remove but trying to save them so I can grind on them for set-up bearings. I have a set of new bearings, of course, for the new install. Ran around to parts stores to find the loaner bearing separator (Napa, Automoan, Advance Auto)....none of them had it or hardly even knew what I was talking about. Anyone have a set of Dana 44 set-up bearings willing to loan OR willing to help me (rather, me help you) to remove the old ones assuming you have the right equipment? It would be worth a 6 pack of your favorite beverage. Located in Concord but I can travel wherever.
I can remove them, but I'm just south of Winston. I may have some ground bearings as well. Not sure about that one though.

ECGS rents out the bearing puller you need to use if you can't find anyone near you to do it.

Back