Debby

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
3-3/4" of rain here so far.

Only one tree that I know of has fallen so far. It got caught in another one.

The tree

1723139231212.jpeg

I'm at like 5.5" and counting
Wife said she got about 6" at the house this morning. Not sure what that means since we don't have a rain gauge...

5 and 3 tenths but we’ve had a super fine mist blowing for hours. I don’t believe the gauge is registering it. Probably closer to 5 and a half. Lost power for about 4 hrs, but no damage thank God. The kicker is going to be the next few days. I live by a lake and river. It’s the last in a chain of lakes coming out of NC. Possibly getting some moderate to heavy flooding if the new dam release system can’t keep up.

5" of rain in the gauge now and it is still coming down good.

About 6.5” here. Last night got pretty rowdy for about an hour and a half. Lost a couple limbs but never lost power. Fences are good and animals are all hunkered in their barns/ shelters. Still raining on and off and supposed to get another solid wave this evening. Nothing horrible at all.
I try and keep up with the old stomping grounds. I heard Woodlake neighborhood is flooded and people can’t get in or out. My old neighborhood (Carolina Lakes) is swamped as well. The lake is flooding the yards and houses. I’m sure that creek at Manchester and 87 has flooded.

Wife left to go to an appointment. Came back in a few minutes later. Oak across the driveway.

IMG_5282.jpeg

I got a problem place in my yard, straw matted Wednesday evening, before anything started. Water cuts right through there, which is a New Grass place, that hasn't grown in fully yet. I've had the seed, fertilizer, & loose straw, washed out twice before! And it runs across my driveway, mudding it up. So far this time it has held! This is the Second Storm that has taken limbs out of my Sycamore tree, & leaves them in my driveway! They are Way larger than the pictures show! Rain gauge at noon today showed 4.25". I think by tomorrow, I'll hit 5".

Attachments

• 20240805_204116 (1).jpg
    20240805_204116 (1).jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240808_122748_resized.jpg
    20240808_122748_resized.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240808_122622_resized.jpg
    20240808_122622_resized.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 26
6-3/8" this morning. Still raining.

Last edited:
I got a problem place in my yard, straw matted Wednesday evening, before anything started. Water cuts right through there, which is a New Grass place, that hasn't grown in fully yet. I've had the seed, fertilizer, & loose straw, washed out twice before! And it runs across my driveway, mudding it up. So far this time it has held! This is the Second Storm that has taken limbs out of my Sycamore tree, & leaves them in my driveway! They are Way larger than the pictures show! Rain gauge at noon today showed 4.25". I think by tomorrow, I'll hit 5".
Saw that sycamore branch from a hundred yards away at 35mph. It was definitely a big one.

Ended up with right at 6” on the rain gauge at our house as of last night. No appreciable precipitation since.

Wife said she got about 6" at the house this morning. Not sure what that means since we don't have a rain gauge...

Ended up with right at 6” on the rain gauge at our house as of last night. No appreciable precipitation since

So did she have to do the 3" X 2 math as stated above in order to get her 6"? 😂

Back