DEF on your lawn?

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Switched last year to liquid fertilizer for my grass. So much easier than hauling bags home and using the 3pt spreader. Costs more for the liquid, but the time and labor makes up for it. $75 for a couple gallons of triple 10.

Then, I see this on youtube... 15-0-0, good enough for summer feeding. Thoughts?

You know whats also 15-0-0? Soy or pea protein powder. Average rates are 2 to 10lbs an acre per application. Not only will you be using an organic form of nitrogen (chemistry definition), it will able to convert to NO3 or NH4 depending on what grow phase youre in. You may want to do a little research into why urea has been banned in so many countries, including organic agriculture, before using DEF.

You know whats also 15-0-0? Soy or pea protein powder. Average rates are 2 to 10lbs an acre per application. Not only will you be using an organic form of nitrogen (chemistry definition), it will able to convert to NO3 or NH4 depending on what grow phase youre in. You may want to do a little research into why urea has been banned in so many countries, including organic agriculture, before using DEF.
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm lazy and did limited Googling, but it looks like the solid urea is banned a lot of places but the liquid wasn't? I don't know. My yard is shit anyway and I'd just be making greener weeds.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm lazy and did limited Googling, but it looks like the solid urea is banned a lot of places but the liquid wasn't? I don't know. My yard is shit anyway and I'd just be making greener weeds.

Liquid too, although I cant comment on any ambiguity in definitions - insofar as i can confirm that if you sell liquid nitrogen you get mandated inspections and random testing for urea. If youre found to be spiking liquid nitrogen with urea --- Ouch to your wallet and butthole

Liquid too, although I cant comment on any ambiguity in definitions - insofar as i can confirm that if you sell liquid nitrogen you get mandated inspections and random testing for urea. If youre found to be spiking liquid nitrogen with urea --- Ouch to your wallet and butthole
Can I still pee in my yard?

Wouldnt the risk be mediated some if you are just growing grass and not eating it?

Wouldnt the risk be mediated some if you are just growing grass and not eating it?
Im sorry sir, but those kinds of chemicals and that cavalier attitude is why we have a global warming crisis on our hands.

If you need me to come over and piss on your grass, I will. I have free time.
For quite sometime now, even "gifts" trigger a "commercial sale" by means of the IRS Act that determined intrinsic value is on a 0 dollar basis. Im sorry, but the high $$$ economic value on your pee, constitutes a 0 dollar basis commercial sale.

pz80ciG.jpg

As long as youre the manufacturer AND end-user of your pee urea nitrogen. The second you make a commercial sale with it, just like raw milk, bam they got u

Pee for sale. Personal use only. $10 per quart. Well hydrated, no asparagus.

So the active ingredient used to clean diesel exhaust is also a primary fertilizer ingredient that is also linked to greenhouse gasses?

Is that the short of it?

Cleaning the environment with stuff claimed to harm it?

So the active ingredient used to clean diesel exhaust is also a primary fertilizer ingredient that is also linked to greenhouse gasses?

Is that the short of it?

Dead on balls accurate
A chemist might tell us that the urea breaks down different in exhaust gases than it does in the soil, plant, water, etc

Is that the short of it?

I was an exhaust system engineer for about 10 years, but changed jobs about 11 years ago. IIRC the ammonia in the DEF reacts with the NOx in the exhaust to end up as water and Nitrogen coming out of the tailpipe.

I was an exhaust system engineer for about 10 years, but changed jobs about 11 years ago. IIRC the ammonia in the DEF reacts with the NOx in the exhaust to end up as water and Nitrogen coming out of the tailpipe.
My diesels are feeding the planet!

Back