Desperatly Need A Recipe For Potent Weed....Killer!!

RonS

Get your mind out of the gutter:huggy:

I need really strong weed and vegetation killer and I need a ton of it.

Does anyone know of a good recipe or a place to buy super strength killer??

Thanks guys.

The active ingredient in almost all Weed/grass killer was muriatic acid.It is extremely cheap when purchased in it's pure form at Home Depot/Lowes.It will Kill everything you spray it on as well as make a really enjoyable bomb when put in a coke bottle with some Aluminum Foil.I want to say you can get a gallon for less than $5.

What's alot of area to you? 1 acre? 50'x50'? Do you just want the weeds gone or do you want to kill the soil? You'll have a hard time finding anything that will strilize the soil and be legal.

Honestly Roundup is really one of the best. I owned a landscape company for a while. We always used it. Don't get the premix from Lowes it'll cost too much. Go to a landscape supplier and get the concentrate. Get a decent backpack sprayer and go to town. Don't use it if it's going to rain before it dries. It kills by being absorbed into the leaves not getting on the soil.

I buy Killzall from Farmers Feed and Seed in Kernersville. I can get a 2.5 gallon jug for $60 I think it is. It is the EXACT same stuff as Professional Roundup in the big blue jug that the big box stores want $150 for a 2.5 gallon jug. Mix it very concentrated (5-10%) if you have stubborn weeds/brush that needs to be killed. Works well around my property. I mix up 3 gallons in our Solo back pack sprayer.

2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, more commonly referred to as 2,4-D,

should be able to get it at tractor supply, I know you can buy it online. Kills only weeds not the grass.

I've heard of sprinkling salt in a yard to kill the grass to spell things? Haven't tried myself but salt is cheap and can be experimented with.
I would not recomment gas or diesel fuel if you have drinking water supply nearby and especially if price is a factor at near or above $4 a gallon!

Using enough salt to kill whatever is growing will likely also prevent ANYTHING ELSE from growing... ever heard of 'salting the earth'?

Using enough salt to kill whatever is growing will likely also prevent ANYTHING ELSE from growing... ever heard of 'salting the earth'?

thats the great thing about the salt and vinegar mix, you can apply it once and not usually have to worry with it til the next year. its great for fence lines driveways and such

Any kind of 41% glyphosate. I sell it under the brand name killzall and eraser but they are all the same. Should run you around $60 for a 2.5 gallon right now. That should mix up about 160 gallons mixing under the recommended rate. I always recommend Around 2oz to the gallon. Mixing stronger will burn the foliage off quicker but a lot of times will not kill all the way to the root.

I seen people use clorox also.

um, we put straight salt (commerical grade) on the ground, covered in in an inch pile, killed all the weeds, but they came back 3 months later.

Get your mind out of the gutter:huggy:
I need really strong weed and vegetation killer and I need a ton of it.
Does anyone know of a good recipe or a place to buy super strength killer??
Thanks guys.

Send me a pm with your number,

I will call you and set you up with the stuff you need to get rid of anything, for one month to 12 months

Josh Guffey
Corbin Turf & Ornamental Supply
1105 Old Buncombe Road | Greenville, SC 29617
Ph (864) 233-2113 | Fax (864) 331-1018 | (800) 476-4504
josh@corbinturf.com | www.corbinturf.com

Thank you guys so much. This is exactly the info I needed.

Thanks again!

ditto on the paraquat.........Grammoxone and Dual Magnum. Mix accordingly, spray in the morning, watch it die before lunch. Dual keeps it down for a while if it gets water on it to wash in the ground.

ditto on the paraquat.........Grammoxone and Dual Magnum. Mix accordingly, spray in the morning, watch it die before lunch. Dual keeps it down for a while if it gets water on it to wash in the ground.

DO NOT USE PARAQUAT, IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, AND NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC ANYMORE. IT IS RESPONSILBE FOR KILLING FISH, ANIMALS, BIRDS AND EVEN HUMANS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraquat

There are much safer products on the market for you and the environment

It is dangerous, it does require a pesticide license, but so are most pesticides that actually work......

He wants something strong,fast, and in volume; grammoxone cant be beat. 2.5 gallon jug in 100 gal of water will burn down about 7 acres. And with some weeds becoming roundup resistant, its one of the only chemicals farmers can consistantly rely on.

There are no "safe" pesticides, just less toxic ones(aka watered down)

Back