Dicky Bell closed?

I heard it was because someone was offended by the name. It is 2019 ya know! :D

5E98CF33-D1A4-487F-A79C-529A9BBC6CBE.jpeg

Here we go..

I know they were planning on making a bypass to the right to keep people from using the illegal one on the left of the main obiscle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nice of them to let us know...

They did, with a sign. One that will likely stay there until they close all the trails.

If we renamed the trail Dixie Bell, they might reopen it so that the protestors could march.

If we renamed the trail Dixie Bell, they might reopen it so that the protestors could march.

That I'd like to see! Too long a walk for those lazy effers.

So is this a serious thread? I just got my Dickey Bell Jeep badge :D These things are gonna be collectors items. lol

Got to make it passable for the people in Subaru’s. They keep closing trails I won’t need 4wd to go there.

playing devil's advocate here but if I read that map right,gaining 1.6 miles of trail if it opens back up. That will be a win for me since I haven't done D.B.in over a year.

While I see your point and agree, that new section will be like driving the main roads in Uwharrie. That’s what they did when they made the new part of saw mill to RML. Long, smooth, easy trail I could do in my Camry.

While I see your point and agree, that new section will be like driving the main roads in Uwharrie. That’s what they did when they made the new part of saw mill to RML. Long, smooth, easy trail I could do in my Camry.

I agree, looks like they cut out the somewhat challenging parts of the trail. From what I saw the last time I was down there, those parts were as hard as the easy lines on the front of Daniel, maybe a little more......

This is totally infuriating. We hear "Rumors" that there is an issue but nothing substantial. WE get no "official" statements and then they take actions. I KNOW they are not following protocol. I'm busy as Hell trying to make a living and having some fun along the way. I don't want this fight and I'm not going to take it on. If the reverse was happening to the Sierra Club or the like they would have lawyers all over it. Too bad we do not have GOOD representation like they do... If your club (and you!) pays dues to SFDWA, United FWD Association (UFWDA), BRC, etc., ASK them why this can and is happening and why aren't they helping?
If one of you agitated young guys or gals wants to step up, then do it! Quit watching and waiting because it ain't gonna happen without you! We, us older guys, have been trying for years. It's your turn. We will help but it is time for a new generation to get this ball rolling...

So they closed the Hill climb?

No, this is has been in the works for about 3-4 years. They're going to make a new trail that runs out along the side of the hill to the right and bypasses the big hill climb. The hill climb was supposed to remain open, based on what I heard back then. The other small hill (that got enclosed by guard rails about 7-8 years ago) is going to be closed completely because of archaeological issues. The horse trail that ran through this area was closed about 5 years ago for similar reasons.

Well I'll believe that it will reopen when it actually does.

They've closed it, period.

They were supposed to do a Big Branch trail years ago.
I personally walked it after it was marked out and flagged.

Whatever happened to that?

Last edited:
It won’t be long before the place is shutdown if there was trout in the Uwharrie river it would be shutdown already

It won’t be long before the place is shutdown if there was trout in the Uwharrie river it would be shutdown already

They only close places that are home to non native fish, ones that are much more aggressive than native fish, and wipe them out

Much more "exciting" to catch though.......

Back