Did Y'all Know there's Monkees in Florida? I sure didn't!

R Q

"They were brought by a capitalist, Captain Colonel Tooey, who was looking to boost his glass bottom boat business by bringing the monkeys to a false island to swing from the trees to the delight of his customers. Unfortunately, he didn't know they could swim and off they went to start their own colony. "
"NO, these Monkeys weren't left by the Tarzan production, yes, they carry the Herpes virus but there are no documented cases of human transmission in Florida except in a controlled lab, there are 4 to 6 different species of Monkeys all over Florida, yes, Macaques are very good swimmers, that's how they got off the island to freedom."
What the actual fuck!?

I did but I just called them Floridians.

There's a whole island of Herpes B infected monkeys near Beaufort, SC. One of those things nobody really talks about. NIAID put them there years ago, about 1000 of them, and now they say there's around 4000.

I've read several things about it online and have read a few of the articles more than once. I noticed a handful of them have been edited in the past few months. Almost like NIAID, SCDNR, USFDA, and Alpha Genesis Labs have something to hide. They "say" they don't still do testing on them, but they sure have several groups managing the island, leasing it to other companies, and otherwise laundering money...that's my best guess. That also leads me to believe they're absolutely still doing tests on them.

All that said, I definitely don't want a population of monkeys anywhere near my house!

Those Floridian monkeys evolved into Florida-man!

Monkeys are assholes. We had them in Afghanistan. They’re actually macaques. They’d swing on the internet/commo lines and ruin them, trash vehicles, bite you, jump on you at random, just all around little bastards. They’d shit in the drivers seat of vehicles like it was on purpose. Better check before you get in. I snatched a bag of pills from one that had stolen it from the medic. It was just a baggie of motrin. That thing wrapped around my leg and bit me. I proceeded to WWE it. I can go on and on with my encounters. In the end, F them thangs.

Monkeys are assholes. We had them in Afghanistan. They’re actually macaques. They’d swing on the internet/commo lines and ruin them, trash vehicles, bite you, jump on you at random, just all around little bastards. They’d shit in the drivers seat of vehicles like it was on purpose. Better check before you get in. I snatched a bag of pills from one that had stolen it from the medic. It was just a baggie of motrin. That thing wrapped around my leg and bit me. I proceeded to WWE it. I can go on and on with my encounters. In the end, F them thangs.
I have only dealt with Rhesus Macaques in a research setting... and yes they are absolutely assholes. The old trope about flinging poo at you - absolutely true.
Once (at a prior institution) somebody was careless and one escaped from his cage, went around taunting all the others that were still in their housing and yanked the tail off of one. So much blood.

Morgan Island is a major source for "research monkeys" used in Fed labs. Its an awkward situation but I'd rather get them domestically than having to be caught and exported from India or South America and you have no idea wtf you're getting. Being an island they are genetically pretty consistent.

There's a whole island of Herpes B infected monkeys near Beaufort, SC. One of those things nobody really talks about. NIAID put them there years ago, about 1000 of them, and now they say there's around 4000.

I've read several things about it online and have read a few of the articles more than once. I noticed a handful of them have been edited in the past few months. Almost like NIAID, SCDNR, USFDA, and Alpha Genesis Labs have something to hide. They "say" they don't still do testing on them, but they sure have several groups managing the island, leasing it to other companies, and otherwise laundering money...that's my best guess. That also leads me to believe they're absolutely still doing tests on them.

All that said, I definitely don't want a population of monkeys anywhere near my house!
Monkey island.
Supposedly they are HIV infested and were used for HIV vac testing in the 90s.

Ive pulled up to the island before when my old friend was still alive and living in Edisto we went offshore fishing together....I didnt believe him and we pulled up and they came running out looking ready to be fed or to attack.

Hundreds of monkeys.

I have only dealt with Rhesus Macaques in a research setting... and yes they are absolutely assholes. The old trope about flinging poo at you - absolutely true.
Once (at a prior institution) somebody was careless and one escaped from his cage, went around taunting all the others that were still in their housing and yanked the tail off of one. So much blood.

Morgan Island is a major source for "research monkeys" used in Fed labs. Its an awkward situation but I'd rather get them domestically than having to be caught and exported from India or South America and you have no idea wtf you're getting. Being an island they are genetically pretty consistent.
So stupid question with them being so isolated and genetically consistent if they were used for some kind of human testing what's the chance that they have a reaction that wouldn't be consistent with all the other monkeys

So stupid question with them being so isolated and genetically consistent if they were used for some kind of human testing what's the chance that they have a reaction that wouldn't be consistent with all the other monkeys
I'll take a stab at it. Because research dollars are geared towards an intended outcome and they do not care what actually happens, only what they can manipulate to justify their cause.

Monkey island.
Supposedly they are HIV infested and were used for HIV vac testing in the 90s.

Ive pulled up to the island before when my old friend was still alive and living in Edisto we went offshore fishing together....I didnt believe him and we pulled up and they came running out looking ready to be fed or to attack.

Hundreds of monkeys.

Isnt it Morgan Island officially but locally called monkey island?

Sounds like a nightmare. Imagine finally escaping Castro. Rowing your family by banana leaf on stick. Through the night. You think youve found a safe haven only to get mauled by 4000 monkeys. *Shiver*

Back