Different TJ vibration problem

redjp

I installed the Rubicon Express standard 3.5 lift on two TJs. now when i hit a bump, at any speed greater than 5mph (even the transition in pavement or crack in the concrete) they start a violent shake that stays until i slow to under 5 mph. Happens at constant speed, accelerating, coasting, clutch in or out no matter what. It seems to be in the driveline since the gearshifter vibrates about 6 inches or so (I said it was violent vibes). One of the Jeeps has a short shaft kit and still does it, but a little less than the other and only when less than 1/2 tank of gas (weight compressing the rear end or something?) neither of them have adjustable control arms (leading me to think i need to check the angles) but there are no vibes really at all if driving on a perfectly flat surface at any speed. I thought I was pinching the yokes, but it is still there with the sye. Have any of you heard of this (I hope it is rather common sicne I am experiencing it with both Jeeps)?

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Is it coming from the front or rear? If it is in the front it is death wobble. Most likely not from getting an alignment. A quick measurement of the toe can tell if the alignment is off. Measure from inside the front tires. Go from the inside front and and back of the front tires. It should only be about a 1/16" tolerence". If it's rear I have no clue. Just my 2 cents Doug

I dont think it is the front end, the steering wheel is stable when it happens. The way the gear shift and transfercase handle shake, I am scared the motor mounts or tranny mount will break from how hard it is vibrating.

thanks
tony

I thought it was the angle issue, but when i put the sye in, that Jeep still has the problem. I'm workin nights but will check angles on both after work in the morning. Boggles my mind why it is on both the sye and non sye.

Thanks
Tony

Back