Dixie run..

snappy

YHDG's adopted son!!!
Whos going? Do they allow campers?

Anyone want to tow my tandem trailer in exchange for ac camper space????

I am going. Yes they do allow campers, but if you want an actual camper space, you have to reserve it way ahead of time through the park in addition to the Dixie Run registration. If you want to run a generator you can camp just about anywhere you can fit for the registration fee.

Snappy, the Boggers & many on the nc4x4 crowd normally camp behind the pond, to the right as you come in.

We normally have a mixture of campers and tents.

There is a ton of room around the dirt track for primitive camping

Snappy call me.
I'm down.

You driving the excurison?

I'm in!

Just so this is clear, as long as you don't need electric hook up at the park, you can park a camper other places without reservation?

Yes. Camp anywhere you want.
:)

This is Jason Swaim down in GA, hope all in the Trailblazers are well. I haven't been wheeling since last year at Dixie Run, :(, been recovering from two surgeries at Ft Gordon. God is good and I've been able to line up going to Dixie Run this year and both my sons will be able to go as well, which is a first.

I recently sold my Red LJ (offer I couldn't refuse), but have picked up a decently modified YJ, as any sound minded man can't go without a Jeep. Unfortunately, the fuel cell is located in the bed and it is a 2 seat rig.

I'm looking for one empty seat if someone is riding solo for one of my sons. I hate to ask and have never had this issue before, but appreciate any generosity.

Also, what pavilion is the TB'zers going to occupy this year? We'll be driving up Thursday and plan to arrive around 7pm. We'll tent camp as usual but would like to co-locate with old friends if possible.

Thanks guys! I look forward to catching up...been way too long. I guess that's what I get for putting off injuries for too long...they tend to get worse with time.

God bless!

Jason

Rangers Lead The Way!
Psalm 91

Thanks Mike! I'm at 828-381-9458. We'll be getting there, hopefully, around 7-7:30pm if all goes well. We'll most likely camp up top to co-locate with facilities. Shoot me a text with your # and I'll move to make linkup. Is your Cherokee still flat black? I know you said you were going to work on it some when we parted from Dixie Run last year. What's a far recognition signal I can pick up to spot where you'll be down at the track...if any? I spoke with Snappy and he said he has some options as well. Looking forward to seeing you an catching up. Thanks much!

Roger that, just spoke to Robbie. He's inbound driving thru arriving late tonight. He will be set up in the usual location. Spoke with Mike and they will stop over night and proceed arriving around 1000 tomorrow.

See you guys on the high ground. Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, we'll see ya'll tomorrow around 7.

Safe travels!

RLTW!

Popped a trailer tire on 40, not far from Cookeville. Shawn changed it and pulled up to the next exit to check everything. Hoping to be parked and ASLEEP within the hour. Kids have napped (as did I for a bit), but are wide awake!

Popped a trailer tire on 40, not far from Cookeville. Shawn changed it and pulled up to the next exit to check everything. Hoping to be parked and ASLEEP within the hour. Kids have napped (as did I for a bit), but are wide awake!
Need me to grab you a spare this morning?

Shawn found three at a discount in Nashville. Also, need a frying pan. :lol:

Also, nobody got here early to claim the parking lot. Our new friends had the end of the driveway blocked off last night so nobody could get in.

Also, nobody got here early to claim the parking lot. Our new friends had the end of the driveway blocked off last night so nobody could get in.
That's a bummer. Where did you guys end up setting up camp?

Oh, the eight months pregnant lady drug their makeshift gate out of the way at 3am so we're parked pretty much in the same spot as last year. Shawn is unloading the jeep & making friends, so we will see.

Oh, the eight months pregnant lady drug their makeshift gate out of the way at 3am so we're parked pretty much in the same spot as last year. Shawn is unloading the jeep & making friends, so we will see.

That is AWESOME !!!

Back