DIY Trailer coupler lock?

Shitchea. Different companies have different rules, I suppose. I deal with Farm Bureau, but as long as my stuff is covered, I'm happy!

I'll definitely be adding my trailer when I get it.

The red one is a beast, solid, would be hell to get it off fast. I had one. Most places started selling the stamped POS for the same price.
359411af600762ddd75ba3ed296a311d.jpg
109fce80345cb456f190ac5102599969.jpg

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk

I've got that red one. Agree! Beast!

Not a lock but one could have the last laugh with a shotgun duck taped up in a tree and some fishing line.
Might get the trailer but they'd probably need a change of pants when it was over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the red one listed above better than

Attachments

• 41lfgc+iUNL.jpg
    41lfgc+iUNL.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 337
I've been looking for something. I currently just keep it boxed in with a beater cherokee... but maybe I need to invest in a big chain or something.

I do insurance for a living... and I didn't think of using inland marine. Doh. Ill be quoting myself tomorrow lol

Edit: Turns out the reason I never thought of Inland Marine was because it is only for Commercial, which I rarely write lol

Last edited:
This is what we did at home to slow a thief down.
IMG_7247.JPG

It's not unbeatable but, even the safety chains are locked up.

it might have been said a couple times already but IMO, a huge kryptonite or similar brand hardened chain lock or super thick cable lock around the wheels is better than a tongue lock. Couple that with one of the $30 red tongue locks and you're getting somewhere.

bumping this up. Needing a trailer lock or 2. Anyone got a good diy one they made? I am not against buying a proven industries lock but seems easy enough to drive away with the safety chains.

bumping this up. Needing a trailer lock or 2. Anyone got a good diy one they made? I am not against buying a proven industries lock but seems easy enough to drive away with the safety chains.
Depending on the coupler, Proven makes one that secures the hooks of the chains as well. I had it on the PJ trailer I just sold and it worked without an issue. For a coupler lock, and I’ve had dozens, it’s pretty good kit, especially when paired with their redesigned puck lock with the Medeco cylinders. You’re going to pay some coin though. I usually run their locks for the coupler and the wheel, a GPS as a tertiary and then finally insurance if their successful.

Back