Dmax help

R Q

My CEL came on and remote start quit working. I ran codes at Autozone and it said my Coolant Temp Sensor was bad so I replaced it. CEL is still on after driving a few times and remote start still isnt working. I haven't ran codes again yet. Any ideas why remote start isn't working?

Sorry 2015 It will start with the key but will not remote start. Could the CEL or Coolant Temp Sensor keep remote start from working?

I just got replies on Dmax forum that remote start wont work with active CEL. I have more to do...

I just got replies on Dmax forum that remote start wont work with active CEL. I have more to do...
Gas is the same. Any CEL negates the remote start function

Don’t feel like you have the corner market on the suck. Dodge is the same way. To the point of the computer generated “change your oil” sensor going off.

Don’t feel like you have the corner market on the suck. Dodge is the same way. To the point of the computer generated “change your oil” sensor going off.
This is why I'm not sure I want a car newer than 2010. All the Gucci shit seems cool. But I hate a car that thinks it's smarter than me.

I don't want anything newer than 2006. I don't need TPMS to tell me if a tire is low...or to trip a light when it's cold...or tell me I HAVE to run 80 psi in the rear tires of a ¾ ton truck when it's empty/not towing.

@R Q Did the code come back after you cleared it or what?

I don't want anything newer than 2006. I don't need TPMS to tell me if a tire is low...or to trip a light when it's cold...or tell me I HAVE to run 80 psi in the rear tires of a ¾ ton truck when it's empty/not towing.

@R Q Did the code come back after you cleared it or what?
I didn't clear it, I just took to Autozone and they read the scanner. I figured that after I replaced the temp sensor it would clear itself after a little while. So I need to get a scanner I guess.

I didn't clear it, I just took to Autozone and they read the scanner. I figured that after I replaced the temp sensor it would clear itself after a little while. So I need to get a scanner I guess.
Yeah, parts stores are not typically "allowed" to clear codes. Years ago I've had them say "if you were to push this button while I'm not looking it would clear".

This day and age there's no reason for anyone who does any maintenance or repair on vehicles not to have at least a cheap reader or Bluetooth app.

Yeah, parts stores are not typically "allowed" to clear codes. Years ago I've had them say "if you were to push this button while I'm not looking it would clear".

This day and age there's no reason for anyone who does any maintenance or repair on vehicles not to have at least a cheap reader or Bluetooth app.
Yup. if you want something cheap, just get a bluetooth OBD2 adapter, and torque app on your phone. Itll read/clear codes, and can give you all sorts of other data too.

I can't even fathom driving an OBDII diesel powered rig without some kind of monitor like an Edge CTS2. They also clear codes and have a few other handy functions.

I've got one of the Amazon special OBD bluetooth dongles and an app on my phone, a handheld scanner, HP Tuners software, and EFI Live 😅 Overkill? Yes. Am I a bit of a nerd? Also, yes.

Back