Dodge Dana 60 what's it worth to me?

C.Berry

Bad News
Could get a deal on it if I knew what it was It's under a 2wd 1st gen cummins someone started a shitty 4wd convo job on didn't know if y'all could tell what d60 it is!? I sure can't... thanks got hookup on the rear possibly out of same truck if anyone interested! Low mileage truck! Been sitting for awhile
IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG
Here's the rear ff

The front definitely isn't a Dana 60, it's a 44.

Front looks like a Chevy 44 top me, rear is just a ff 60 or 70.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ok we wasn't sure what it came out of m, the truck was originally 2wd I thought it was awful damn small for a 60 tho...

Yeah I'm not interested if any of y'all are hit me up I'll let him know it's a 44 and get a price tag...

Front looks like a Chevy 44 top me, rear is just a ff 60 or 70.

It's a Dodge 44. Look at the shock mounts, caliper hardware, and how the tie rod tapers down at the ends. All Dodge characteristics.

He said rear he thought was 70 I'm looking for a front for my 99 2500 @Croatan_Kid inspired me for a sas on the burb! D70 10.5 r&p? The guy that ownes em is our company diesel mechanic so he was gonna price both to me installed in the burb for dirt cheap but I was gonna just keep the 14sf til I found a 14ff!

It'd be easier to put a Ford axle under any GM made after 1987. Then you don't have to change the transfer case and try to find a passenger side drop transfer case with a VSS to keep the speedometer working and the transmission shifting.

I've not done a ton of research on it yet so I have no clue which Ford is best for my year setup! Just thought I had found a 60 for cheap haha

He said rear he thought was 70 I'm looking for a front for my 99 2500 @Croatan_Kid inspired me for a sas on the burb! D70 10.5 r&p? The guy that ownes em is our company diesel mechanic so he was gonna price both to me installed in the burb for dirt cheap but I was gonna just keep the 14sf til I found a 14ff!
70 is a 10.5" ring and pinion.

70 is a 10.5" ring and pinion.

5 mins after I asked that I thought yeah I'm gonna stick with a 14bolt... thanks tho

You can use a 78/79 (32" spring spacing) or any later Ford 60 with 36" spring spacing. Pretty easy. The later ones are cheaper obviously. You can keep it pretty low also, but usually to keep it as low as possible you have to use the 78/79 because the diff sits farther inboard than the later ones.

Yeah I'm not interested if any of y'all are hit me up I'll let him know it's a 44 and get a price tag...
I need some first gen Cummins parts will he sell any thing else off the truck does it still have a motor

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I need some first gen Cummins parts will he sell any thing else off the truck does it still have a motor

He's using the motor to power a generator I'm sure he would sale everything but the engine and frame...

This thing is a hack job of a truck tho whoever started the 4wd conversion was a dare devil to say the least lol

Does it have a 4wd transmission and transfer case and what year is the truck sorry for all the questions

All good I believe it does have the 4wd trans an tcase but I'll have to double check an make sure he sellin trans

Well ole pecker heads arguing with me that it's not a d44 and it's a d60 lmao I told him y'all fellas know ya shit and after researching myself and comparing the d44 to a d60 it's pretty obvious unless it's custom bj! Should make for a good talk over a beer this afternoon! Curious if 1st gen axles are 67.5 Front and rear? These could work under a zj I'd assume!? May pick em up dunno yet @Bhudgins unfortunently the trans is 2wd but it is for sale no tcase...

Older stuff is generally around 69" front and 67.5" rear, at least GM stuff was anyway.

Go take a wire brush to the webbing outside the lower center section and find the "44" cast in to it...or look at those tiny ass axles and u joints. The guy that's arguing it's a 60 is a moron.

Aren't ZJs driver's side drop too? :rolleyes: You're 0 for 2.

Back