does CL make you lose faith in humanity?

Well, Mr. Virginia bought the truck. It disappeared over the bridge to get on I95, that was the last I saw of it.

I think it depends on what you sell. I've listed some oddball stuff like my last one, a 3 phase electric motor. Guy wanted it to run a lathe, nice dude, made me a reasonable offer, done deal.

I've also recently listed an iPad...holy shit do they come out of the wood work. I had a guy low ball me, tell me I would never sell it, I would be stupid not to sell it to him at his lowball offer because "that is what they go for", then casually be a dink and name call as replies. I sold my mint iPad for a good price but it took going through countless trolls to get that one good buyer.

Even though there are a few great people in the world, the overwhelming majority really should just be put on a barge and dragged out to sea. It's like they go out of there way to ridicule you if you say no to a stupid offer. I'm pretty sure I never held a gun to someone's head to make me a lowball offer...
You think it's bag with an ipad. I had a 60 yr old man try the same thing with me on my house after it was on the market a week.

Agree w/ others, I've generally had good experiences w/ CL, met some cool, very normal folks - but only after weeding out the wackos.
I generally will not meet anybody in person until I've talked to them on the phone, asked a few questions. Anybody that won't talk to me in person I'm not going to bother with.
Just finished a deal today, a guy had a bunch of ceiling tiles for sale cheap, cheap enough I was a little worried about how it was possible.
But turns out he works for a contract cleanout company, they were just paid to clean up after a big building construction, they had left the stuff among the debris... too small potatoes for a GC to worry about on that scale. So it made sense, just a normal dude making some extra cash on "trash".

It's a tool. Like any tool, in the hands of the wrong people... dangerous. And w/ the right people... very productive.

I have met several cool people off of CL, I'm the opposite of most on here, I don't want to talk on the phone. I text back and forth and then if it is something I want a make what I feel is a reasonable offer if the person is willing to negotiate and so far I have had really good luck. Even selling a lot of stuff on a cleanup binge recently never had any issues and the only people who didn't text but called were on two of the lowest priced items I sold but they both bought them, I just put in the add leave a message and I will call you back at my convience. What bugs me the most is people leaving adds up after something is sold. Last car I sold on there, I had some guy keep calling me wanting to sell it for me for $200. That was really annoying even after I told him to leave me alone, and had "I do not need any help selling this vehicle" in the add. With the good comes the.........CL morons!!

I agree. I put a squat cage on Craigslist for $200 last week,really not needing to sell, I Just want to build my own so it will be in the way. Yesterday I had a guy offer $50 and get offended when I told him no. If you get offended easily don't make a bull shit offer.

Whether its CL, FB or people from this site...my chick still thinks I'm gonna get murdered and turned in to a wiener cover. Only difference with NC4x4 folks is I usually do repeat bidness with the ford guys...so unless you're in it for the long play, she generally relaxes after a few NC4x4 transactions.

I went to Raleigh and to Rocky Mount to look at a couple of 4runners. Asked both people about any body damage and condition of paint. Also about leaks and things that didn't work.

Both vehs were misrepresented enough to make me just leave. One had been keyed all over. It wasn't mentioned and pics were in the kind of light that didn't show it.

The other one had a very poorly repaired dent in a door with cracked filler and the moon roof was totally inop.

Well, the search goes on. 97^XJ or 3rd gen 4runner, the right one is out there somewhere.

I hate pics showing muddy or filthy interior and neglected paint. If you don't keep the thing fairly clean, I don't have much faith it has been maintained well.

I also HATE dealers posting under "owner" and wording the article as an owner. Then you call and find out it is some crappy little lot.

I hate pics showing muddy or filthy interior and neglected paint. If you don't keep the thing fairly clean, I don't have much faith it has been maintained well.

I also HATE dealers posting under "owner" and wording the article as an owner. Then you call and find out it is some crappy little lot.
I been looking for a new to me tow pig and there is a decent deal on a 2500 I have been seeing and would most likely buy it but the interior pic is nasty and I refuse to even go look at it.

Just in case anyone was hoping that the craigslist dumbass stories were subsiding:

In the past week, I have contacted TWO different people here in the Chattanooga area about buying vehicles that are posted on C-list. In both cases I have clearly stated that I have cash in hand, have towing arrangements standing by, and Im READY TO BUY, AT THE LISTED PRICE.

In both cases the dickheads have jerked me around for over 5 days each.

WHY POST YOUR SHITPILE IF YOU DONT ACTUALLY WANT TO SELL IT?!?!?

:kaioken:

Just in case anyone was hoping that the craigslist dumbass stories were subsiding:

In the past week, I have contacted TWO different people here in the Chattanooga area about buying vehicles that are posted on C-list. In both cases I have clearly stated that I have cash in hand, have towing arrangements standing by, and Im READY TO BUY, AT THE LISTED PRICE.

In both cases the dickheads have jerked me around for over 5 days each.

WHY POST YOUR SHITPILE IF YOU DONT ACTUALLY WANT TO SELL IT?!?!?

:kaioken:
Maybe your talkin to the wrong dickhead,I have multiple shitpiles for sale and will happily accommodate you and your cash.:D

Update:

So, dickhead #1 finally got back to me.

Does not have title. Fine, I can still move forward since I'm in TN and the vehicle is over 30 years old and in Georgia. Tell him I just need registration and his bill of sale. Try to calmly explain that since Tennessee isn't quite as backwards as Georgia, there has to be a paper trail.

He then yells at me, tells me that for the price he is asking he shouldn't have to go through the aggravation.

I, again, calmly explain that I agree, but I don't want to buy something that 1) cant be registered/titled (Im willing to jump through some hoops if needed, but there is a limit) and 2) might be stolen.

He then cusses me, says him and his brother have owned it for 28 years, it hasnt run in 25 years and that I "must be sum kinda dumfuq"

:rolleyes:

I swear, these retard white trash folk must get some kind of meth-high thrill from posting crap on craigslist with no real interest in selling.

The amount of derp I have seen on CL over the last month is astounding.

Looking for a good veh on CL is like...

looking for a wife at a strip club. It's fun to look but your chances of success are slim.

Before I completely write the guy off....what would be involved if I were able to get the VIN and cross check it with the guy's history? Is there such a thing as a 3rd-party titling?

It sounds as though the durpdurp is just too lazy to drive the three miles to the title office and take care of the paper work. I even offered to pay for his replacement title.

*sigh*

People are not very accomidating these days.Some folks just aren't very motivated by money.

Back