Does CTIS exist for a pickup truck?

Will Carter

Specifically a 2016 ram 3500.

Some weeks I haul 30,000lbs. Some weeks I haul the kids to school.

The dream is to hit a button and go from 80 psi to 40 psi in the rear tires.

So my kidneys don’t hurt.

And to use the air compressor for other tires too.

Anybody seen anything cool?

Core puller and a pre made pigtail to inflate four tires simultaneously. That's the best I can do.

They make in cab controllers for air bags, of course.

How do the ones on big trucks work? Are there separate air passages in the spindle? Surely they're not pressurizing the whole housing....?

Didn't some of the m1008 blazers have a cris system in the 80s?

Not that I'm aware, but I think H1s had it.

Most concrete trucks have them so they can deflate and hopefully not get stuck at every construction site they go to.

I will also second that most don't have much good to say about them.

Current hmmvs do not at least the military. LMTV like the Stewart’s that @Tacoma747 has for sale has them. From my experiences they are nothing but trouble but that’s the military equipment ( lowest bidder beat up by the dumbest human). It’s an amazing concept but in practice I think it’s a giant leak waiting to happen.

So to build on this thought...
Ford uses vacuum to actuate the front hubs on the Superduty D60 when the hub is in the unlocked position. So if you had a truck with front and rear superduty D60's, and put a fitting on the outside of the hub connected to the schraeder valve, and put a compressor feeding the vacuum line, then you could manipulate the air pressure. An you would probably have to manipulate it up every time you wanted to drive it because it leaks down. But it works fine for a non-constant pressure requirement that doesn't support the weight of your vehicle and is not sensitive to leakage.

I have 6 trucks with ctis currently. One works great, another seemed to work but I am parting it out so it doesn't matter.

And then I have 4 others!

When it works it's awesome, but not worth the hassle. Hmmwv hubs 10.3k and up have CTIS ports, I think it would be easy enough to design your own system with just a valve/regulator. The biggest problem I see (and not real sure how the military valves at the tires work) is keeping air in the tires if you had a line rupture. The valve on each wheel of the military CTIS keeps the air in the tire which I understand, I am just not sure how it also functions to deflate the tires.

What about getting rid of the coils and leaf springs and putting bags all around? There used to be several companies that sold fancy ass four corner ride height controllers for real trucks. Would make hooking the trailer up extra easy too.

What about getting rid of the coils and leaf springs and putting bags all around? There used to be several companies that sold fancy ass four corner ride height controllers for real trucks. Would make hooking the trailer up extra easy too.

I've been dreaming of baging the rear of my 98 dullay. It will beat your teeth out unloaded. I would like to try to make a system like the big trucks have. You could cut the leaf spring a little behind the axle and mount the air bag on it. Then build a track bar. I just wonder if it would work.

Not that any of this applies to the op, I believe his truck has coil springs.

I've been dreaming of baging the rear of my 98 dullay. It will beat your teeth out unloaded. I would like to try to make a system like the big trucks have. You could cut the leaf spring a little behind the axle and mount the air bag on it. Then build a track bar. I just wonder if it would work.

Not that any of this applies to the op, I believe his truck has coil springs.

Look up Kelderman. But before you do make sure you have $$ in your bank account. I think it cost money just to look at their website. :eek:

I had one in a Chevy Top Kick.

You'd hit your head on the roof if you weren't careful.
We've got them in our work trucks. There's a fine balance between bottoming out or denting the ceiling :lol: When you get it right it rides like a dream though.

Just run a softer psi most of the time and air up for a tow. Or hire me to to adjust the pressure whenever needed. If be reliable at least.:D
No shit. I’ll pay you $20/hr. Hours are spotty though. This week I would have needed you Monday from 9:00-9:10. Wednesday from 4:45-4:53 and Thursday from 10:45-10:59 pm. When can you start?

Back