Dog Suggestions

I have an American Bulldog that is friggin awesome. I had a few rotts growing up and my AB is far and away a better dog. Great with people and OK with other dogs. They do get pretty big though, mine is 10 months old and weighs 95lbs.

My Step Daughter thought I needed another dog so she brought me home a Lab that just turned 2yo and his favorite past time is still chewing anything I lay down and digging holes. First lab I ever had and he's ALOT of work. About cost me a marriage after he chewed my multimeter up. I have nothing that contains leather or plastic left in one piece to my name. He chewed the hell out of my seat out of my Bronco too.
My other dog is a chow shephard mix and the best dog I've ever had.
Had a chow that I was partial to until she tried to eat my favorite dog.
I'm partial to brown colored muts. Never had a bad one. Purebreeds get sick ALOT and cost more than a small child.

Chessie would be a beautifull dog to have.

i have a choc lab, and a chocalte doverman and 3 cats.

heres what i would get lol

1.cant go wrong with a lab, wonderfull dogs
2. chessie are cool and wouldnt be to bad
3.choc dovermans are dumb and goffey but really pretty

the problem you have is, it sounds like you want a up tempo dog to ride and go but you dont have a place to support one.(big areas to run)

but to get to the point if you want a loyal dog to ride, go etc.... i would get a brittney but you better be ready for keep up and walking it alot.

My Step Daughter thought I needed another dog so she brought me home a Lab that just turned 2yo and his favorite past time is still chewing anything I lay down and digging holes. First lab I ever had and he's ALOT of work. About cost me a marriage after he chewed my multimeter up. I have nothing that contains leather or plastic left in one piece to my name. He chewed the hell out of my seat out of my Bronco too.
My other dog is a chow shephard mix and the best dog I've ever had.
Had a chow that I was partial to until she tried to eat my favorite dog.
I'm partial to brown colored muts. Never had a bad one. Purebreeds get sick ALOT and cost more than a small child.
if your purebreed is geting sick ALOT you have a crappy breeder

if your purebreed is geting sick ALOT you have a crappy breeder

Didn't mean to hit a sore spot dude. To talk bad about someone's dog you might as well call their mother names as well. But it isn't a theory, it's a proven fact. Just do a search or just ask anybody that deals with animals. Even cloned animals have the same problems. Any living creature's immunity is deplenished every time they are bred with the same breed/genetics. That's exactly why Alaskan Sled Dogs are bred with 15 different breeds to have the best immune system possible. The words "Pure Breed Sickness Prone" or "Pure Breed Imminity Depletion" will yield about a month's worth of reading on Google. Of course each breed has it's own set of inherited problems. Pure Breed Chows are bad to have skin leasions and Hip problems.
:beer:

i agree on the purebred talk. they seem to have more health
problems than mutts. i must say that a border collie is a great
dog tho, i've got one now and owned another befor him. but for a small dog i'd have to throw in a beagle. preferably one
from the pound. and a shy dog seems to be more loving than
an outgoing one. thats one dawgs opinon on dogs.

dawggie dawg dog

Our Chocolate Lab Semi is a pure bred lab. She is absolutely the most loving animal I have ever had. She is super friendly, and greets everyone. I have seen my share of people jumping from the nose in their butt or crotch, Like they say, it's a dog thing! Often referred to as out Wal-Mart greeter. She has only shown aggression from someone with a stick or stick like object. Put the stick down and she is ready to be loved on.
Susan, Robs wife, got down in our floor and layed on her. She is often used as a pillow by me when I need to lay down because of my back. She will lay there until you get up. The grand kids have fell on her, tripped on her, layed on her, and never a least little bit of anger. A miniature Chihuahua at the flea market once scared her to death. ANY dog, of ANY size will make her cower, if they show aggression towards her. She has yet to pee or poop in the house. She has never chewed anything. The closest she has ever come to tearing anything up is her baby( a stuffed animal) while playing, but if she hears it start to tear, she will let go. If you make a "hurt" sound while she has it, she will let go.
point is If I could have another like her, I would. My biggest fear is when she has lived out her life, the next companion won't be able to hold a candle to her.
If you want to visit her, she will be with me at the DPG invite this weekend.

I vote for a blue heeler> I have ahd mine for about 3 yrs. now she has been the best dog ever and very kid freindly. I would go for a boxer also a buddy has one she is a very good dog and obedient.

thanks for the info guys.. i got a black lab on Friday.. he is awesome

I vote for a blue heeler.I have had mine for about 3 yrs. now she has been the best dog ever and very kid freindly. I would go for a boxer also a buddy has one she is a very good dog and obedient.

I don't know if you've gotten a dog yet but I got an email from a coworker yesterday that said she had a friend in Wilmington that is terminal with cancer and has 2 Black Labs that are 4 years old. They are brothers that have been fixed, house broken and mild mannered and shots are up to date. The current owner is heartbroken but can't care for them any more, so it sounds like they were well cared for. He dosen't want them split up. If your interested respond and I'll get you in touch with the right people.

This is CJ... The Black Lab :)

CJ.JPG

These are the 2 dogs from the email. If I would have scrolled up, I would have seen that you already got a puppy. Good luck with the pup.

Attachments

• HunterandFame_smjpg (2).jpg
    HunterandFame_smjpg (2).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 162
I'm partial to Mini Pinschers since I have one. He can get into the Jeep easy...he just doesn't like the sidesteps on the side since he can see the ground between it and the Jeep. He could get into my old boyfriend's Dodge Ram cummings 4X4 easy since there weren't any sidesteps to distract him. (and he was a puppy to almost 3 while we dated.) He's now 7 and stillcan easily jump in. He loves to go for rides and likes the windows down and top off best.
Yes, they are very protective of their owner but if they get used to someone they will be friends with them forever. My Min Pin...and most I know act like they are full size dobermans. (mine thinks he's half human-half full size doberman)
They are smart too...I can tell him to go to the front or back door and he will, for both inside and out. If he takes a toy out he knows he has to bring it back in...if he doesn't all I have to do is say get the ball or whatever and he will go back and get it.
They are little but sure pack a punch. My old boyfriend got him for me and he never had a problem walking him, taking him to or from the vet, or anything like that.
Just get the dog you think you will like best b/c you will be the one to live with it.

Didn't mean to hit a sore spot dude. To talk bad about someone's dog you might as well call their mother names as well. But it isn't a theory, it's a proven fact. Just do a search or just ask anybody that deals with animals. Even cloned animals have the same problems. Any living creature's immunity is deplenished every time they are bred with the same breed/genetics. That's exactly why Alaskan Sled Dogs are bred with 15 different breeds to have the best immune system possible. The words "Pure Breed Sickness Prone" or "Pure Breed Imminity Depletion" will yield about a month's worth of reading on Google. Of course each breed has it's own set of inherited problems. Pure Breed Chows are bad to have skin leasions and Hip problems.
:beer:

There is a difference between saying "purebreeds get sick more than mutts" and what you said. I will agree this statement, but saying purebreeds get sick A LOT is completely inaccurate. I have had 5 purebreed great danes (I would recommend these dogs to anyone) and 2 purebreed dalmatians, and while they have gotten sick, they do not get sick a lot, and to be honest not any more than any mutts Ive had.

Duane

There is a difference between saying "purebreeds get sick more than mutts" and what you said. I will agree this statement, but saying purebreeds get sick A LOT is completely inaccurate. I have had 5 purebreed great danes (I would recommend these dogs to anyone) and 2 purebreed dalmatians, and while they have gotten sick, they do not get sick a lot, and to be honest not any more than any mutts Ive had.
Duane

I'd recommend ANY dog to ANY body. Makes ya live longer.:beer:

get a Boxer. not too big and still a manly dog. besides that they are the most loyal dog I know. Good friend for the single man and when they are puppies they attract major trim.

Yes.....Boxers however are very high ENERGY dogs.....I have one and she is great.....spoiled rotten and loyal....

She is brindle in color (black and tan) stripes......

Good luck

Back