Doomsday Glue

Lizooki

Samurai Frogger
I need an obscure little part for my old 2wd s10. But just in case it’s unobtainium I’m thinking glue will work.
I just drive this truck to work and the dump ..... so ...

I need a glue to attach a plastic piece to glass that will hold until the end of time ...... maybe a day or two longer.

Suggestions?

Matt

What type of plastic, and what's the actual application?

If it is a mirror, and you want to use mirror bonding adhesive, get the Loctite kit (acrylic adhesive and adhesion promoter) and not the useless shit from the parts stores.

Last edited:
I'd pick up any of the Henkel or Masterbond aerospace adhesives. I figure if they're good enough to have at every work station to keep planes in the air, it'll be enough to keep your s10 together.

You need some Purple Jesus. I have no idea what it's actually called or where to get it besides where I work, but it's amazing.

My S10 has a single point regulator. Two plastic clips attach on holes in the glass to keep the glass in the door channels. Ones is messed up and the window won’t roll up and down correctly and I don’t know if the part can be bought, so I’m considering gluing the old one in place

I bought some of those in an assortment of different sizes at the parts store

This is some kind of epoxy resin...we keep it frozen in plastic syringes. It's called Purple Jesus because it's purple and once two things are stuck together and it's cured, only Jesus can get it apart! :D

I have watched epoxies hold where base metal and welds failed right next to it.

I have watched epoxies hold where base metal and welds failed right next to it.

Yeah...I’m starting to see more and more guys use adhesives with their automotive panel repairs than I ever thought possible. Not sure if it’s the way of the future or a hack ass way for guys that don’t know how to weld (raises hand) to do body work.

Yeah...I’m starting to see more and more guys use adhesives with their automotive panel repairs than I ever thought possible. Not sure if it’s the way of the future or a hack ass way for guys that don’t know how to weld (raises hand) to do body work.
Lots less distortion. Cars are starting to use more chromoly bases alloys....ie harder to weld but structurally more rigid. Some manufacturers already demand any after original build repairs use adhesives. Welding will void the warranty.

In cabinets, flat panel construction, and heim joints it's far superior. Causes way less follow up works for smoothing and final finish. I'm passionate about welding. Give me the right senerio and i would choose glue any day.

In a high end build requiring ultimate corrosion protection and finish retention glues would be king. So many places cannot properly be treated without electrolysis and hot dipping.

If it's a plastic slot the glass sits in, windshield adhesive. (Urethane glue). But I do believe if is a plastic spacer, they do sell assortments at the major parts houses... Which the urethane glue is dang good St gluing most anything. In laws had a stand to go on top of a TV (projection) and it kept sliding off. I shot some left over window glue under it and the feet.. when they got rid of the TV, the shelf went with it, it was not removable easily with whatever they had to use.

Back