Door Handles

YUP, $28 per side, at the dealer, while you are at it get 2 pop rivets

pull the door panel, drill out the poprivet holding the assy in, and install the new one.

THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE WAY TO REPAIR for the time spent dicking around with it.

VERY common issue on the 88-99 GM trucks

Kevin

Blkvoodoo said:
YUP, $28 per side, at the dealer, while you are at it get 2 pop rivets

pull the door panel, drill out the poprivet holding the assy in, and install the new one.

THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE WAY TO REPAIR for the time spent dicking around with it.

VERY common issue on the 88-99 GM trucks

Kevin

I thought you caould actually replace 'em and leave the panel on?

Anyway, what he said. :smokin:

The hell with rivets! Next month you'll be drilling them out again. Bolt them in so you can actually take them apart. My Dad must've put 40 door handles on his chevy astro. It got so bad that every time he showed up at the parts counter they would ask him how many he wanted. He actually kept a driver side one with him all the time. Make it easy to fix next time. (Unlike any GM engineer) Cause there WILL be a next time.

rattlecanpaint said:
The hell with rivets! Next month you'll be drilling them out again. Bolt them in so you can actually take them apart. My Dad must've put 40 door handles on his chevy astro. It got so bad that every time he showed up at the parts counter they would ask him how many he wanted. He actually kept a driver side one with him all the time. Make it easy to fix next time. (Unlike any GM engineer) Cause there WILL be a next time.

There is that.........

K

Look at it this way... you could also have power windows that ALSO don't work... :lol:

look on ebay...you can get new factory GM ones at a good price

Dude, it takes 20 min tops to do this, even the first time. the freakin handles cost $28 at the dealer.

take off the door panel, quit whinig about it and do it !!!

It's not rocket science !!

Back