Driveshaft in North Charlotte

strange1

Does anyone know of a good shop north of I85 in Charlotte? I know Olivers in W-S is the go to place, but I’m on a time crunch and their location is pretty inconvenient to me.

Universal Automotive Services in Concord
I have no experience with them but I've heard good things about them.
I used them a few times back in the day and had good experiences.

Also there's a few driveline places in trucker-central over near I-85 around Graham St and Statesville.

Used universal services years back for a front tj shaft and had no issues. Also have sent a few people from work to him for stock tundra drive shafts. All pleased

I used them a few times back in the day and had good experiences.

Also there's a few driveline places in trucker-central over near I-85 around Graham St and Statesville.
My googling was mostly coming back with the big truck shops. Those are convenient to my work, so I may have to pick up the phone and see what they say.

We typically refer our customers to Universal Automotive if they are looking for a driveshaft yesterday for their minivan or whatever DD car/truck. Feedback we get is hit or miss. Sometimes they are happy sometimes they get garbage, but your best option around here. The Driveshaft Shop is in Salisbury. If you can't find what you need hit me up and maybe I can help.

I broke a front shaft in half on my Toyota at GER and used Carolina power train in hickory, but they also have a Charlotte location. They did good quick work!

Last edited:
I’ll never use Carolina power train in Charlotte again. They ordered me a brand new shaft because they said it would be cheaper. Carolina Driveline had rebuilt nearly the exact same shaft for half of what they charged me and rebuilt it better. I was in a bind or else I would’ve told them to keep it.

Universal Driveshaft Repair, off N. Graham st. Charlotte! I have used them, though it's been several years. Old guy & his son [which now runs it], use to work for Joint & Clutch, Charlotte, before opening their own shop.
Picking it up in the morning….

Back